Fuck You, Mia - Connor Bedard (FINAL)

Connor's POV

It has been 2 years since Mia broke up with me and said shit about me. I've chosen to put her into the past and focus on hockey. Since I've done that, my career has skyrocketed. I'm just above Adam Fantilli in points.

I'm also happier than I've ever been. Now that I've pushed her behind me and gotten the chance to really enjoy hockey and Chicago, I feel free. As if nothing's holding me back. Tonight we're at home in Chicago for a game.

The Panthers haven't been doing so well this season since Tkachuk is out with injury. Us, however, we're doing amazing. I was named Alternate Captain this season and I get a lot of ice time. One thing I'm not looking forward to tonight? I was told by a friend that Mia and her new boyfriend are going to the game. Glass seats beside our bench.

I've gotten over Mia with no feelings left to spare but her having the nerve to show up? Bitch move. 

I just finished getting my skates on in my stall and now I'm waiting for the buzzer to go for warm ups to start. We have some music playing and a couple of us jumping around to get pumped. I laughed and joined in with them. We were yelling the lyrics to 'You Belong With Me' by Taylor Swift, me and one of the new guys doing a duet, when the buzzer went off.

We all ran to grab our helmets, gloves and sticks. I sprinted onto the ice after the goalie so I wasn't on late. I skated around with an amused smile as me and the same guy from earlier were passing to each other. I've mentored him a bit and he's improved so much. He went third overall so he was pretty good already.

The team then started some shooting drills. I skated up to the goalie and faked a couple shots before going top left and in. I did a joking celly as I skated by and he hit my back playfully with his stick.

I looked up to the big screen just in time to see none other than Mia and her new boyfriend on there. My mind went blank for a second before I came back to reality. Perry gave me a concerned look and I just shrugged him off and went back to warm ups.

*Second period*

We're currently up 3-1 at the start of the second. I've gotten one goal and an assist. I'm on the bench for the beginning of the second and I looked over to see none other then Mia Scott staring straight at me. I gave her a confused look and she pointed at the doors. 

"Meet me after this period?" She mouthed. I hesitantly nodded after a minute. God I'm gonna regret this. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a line change and I was once again on the ice. 

*End of second, outside locker room*

I took off my skates and slid on a pair of slides to meet Mia. I took a deep breath before walking out and seeing Mia against a wall. She looked up and met my gaze, her eyes full of..guilt? Why's she guilty?

"I have a confession.." She started. I raised an eyebrow and nodded my head, indicating her to continue on. "I knew that you didn't cheat on me. But.." She trailed off.

"But what? If you knew I didn't cheat then why call me all that shit and break up with me?" I ask her, getting impatient and knowing I need to go back.

"Jason, the guy I'm here with, I've been with him for 3 years.." She confessed. I was confused until I realized. Three years..

"You were cheating on me for our whole relationship?!" I semi-yell. She nodded, but all of the guilt was gone. I let out a humorless laugh. "Of course you were. You know what? Fuck you, Mia." I growled before walking back in.

My whole demeanor changed. I have been so happy for the best 2 years and now she comes in and ruins that all. She cheated on me? Not only for the last like week or whatever, but for the whole 7 months?!

I walked in and the team looked at me but decided against asking questions. I threw on my skates and tied them up while coach explained the plays for the next period. The buzzer went and we all went out. My line was first so I stayed on the ice and skated up for puck drop at center ice.

*End*

We won 8-2. I got 5 goals and 1 assist in total. But that didn't matter to me. I'm still not old enough to go out to a bar with the guys, so I went back to my apartment and showered. I stayed there for a bit longer than normal under the burning water.

I threw on a pair on sweats and a shirt, walking into the living room to throw on Brooklyn 99, a guilty pleasure on mine. I just finished it for like the millionth time and I still cry at the last episode. I scrolled through the pictures on my phone and posted to my spam account to update my friends and teammates on what I figured out tonight.

 I scrolled through the pictures on my phone and posted to my spam account to update my friends and teammates on what I figured out tonight

Lets pretend that the pic is Brooklyn 99

bedsydedsy
Caption: me af when I find out my ex was cheating on me our entire relationship:
Liked by perrytheparrot, jonessyyy, and 25 others

Comments disabled

---

I turned the show back on and layed down on the couch. My phone was blowing up with messages but I ignored them all. My apartments heater wasn't working so I pulled a weighted blanket on top of me and closed my eyes.

I felt content. Safe. Like nothing could bother me. Nothing could. I'm done with Mia and her cheating scandals. She won't get to my mind and distract me again. I'm officially done with her. 

My mind cleared of all thoughts as the darkness overcame my mind.

***

Soo..Mia wasn't who y'all thought she was this time huh? This is so sloppy but it's okay. Short little series.

WC: 1036