Little Mascot - Team USA (1980)

Yes, I'm making another child y'all.

Background: Elizabeth "Lizzie" Brooks, Herb's daughter, 4 years old, loves hockey, thinks she's intimidating when "coaching" so the boys help boost that fantasy by acting scared, closest with OC, Rizzo and Mac

Third-Person POV

"Again!" Herb yells as the boys can barely stand up. Craig hesitantly blows the whistle once again as the boys skate as fast as they can to the line and back. Lizzie is sitting on the boards with tears in her eyes as she feels bad for the boys. How I watched this scene:

"Daddy stop!" She pleaded in desperation. Herb ignored her however and went to run another session.

"Mike Eruzione!" Someone yelled from the ice, panting. "Winthrop, Massachusetts." He panted once again while looking up.

Herb looked over at him. "Who do you play for?" He asked in a demanding tone, hopeful to get the answer he's been waiting for.

"I play for.." Eruzione began as he tried to get his breathing as steady as possible. "The United States of America." He finished as Lizzie ran out to him and held onto his leg. He picked her up as his breathing became slightly less rapid.

Herb bit back a grin as he finally got the answer he's been waiting for. "That's all gentlemen." Is all he said as he walked away.

The guys all somewhat collapsed on the ice below them as their legs gave out. Lizzie stood up and ran around to each of them to check with them. When she got to O'Callahan, he grabbed her and hugged her to reassure that they're all okay. Eventually they had to get up, which they did with much struggle, so that they could get changed.

Lizzie walked off the ice, with one of the boys stabilizing her, and walked towards Craig. He picked her up and walked away.

*Thief River Falls, Minnesota*

"Come on, Minnesotans!" One of the guys called. "My back's starting to hurt from carrying you all!" He joked. The boys are currently pushing a plane to the gate. "Pretend you're pushing cows!" He continued.

"Why don't you stop talking, Boston boy, and start pushing?" Someone chirped back. They all smiled and laughed at the fun and walked back once finishing.

OC went over and grabbed Lizzie. She squealed and tried to escape his grip as he tickled her. She giggled loudly and a few of the boys looked over and smiled. 

"Mac help!" She squealed as Jack held her tighter. Mac smirked and Jack's face dropped.

Jack covered her ears. "Shit." He ran off with her as they both laughed. He placed Lizzie down gently as Mac jumped onto him from behind. 

"Gentlemen!" Herb scolded them. They both stood up and walked back with Lizzie.

"What you got there, Pav?" A voice asked as the trio walked into the room.

"Three nines." Pav answered.

A lot of the boys were falling asleep in the chairs while the game of cards being played continued quietly. Lizzie was laying in Mac's arms as she slept. Herb was explaining to someone that they had hit a moose and need to make sure the plane's alright.

After confirming the plane was alright a bit later, everyone loaded on and they continued their flight. The next day, the boys had to go over some tapes of the Russians which Lizzie skipped out on. Instead she went to help set up pucks for the practice.

A bit later the boys hopped onto the ice for yet another hard practice. Suicides, passing drills, shooting drills, everything and more than you could think. After a few hours they were taking a water break and Mac skated over to OC. Idk if it was Mac or not but it looked like him.

"How's your legs?" Mac asked as Jack spit his water out onto the ice, as hockey players do. OC looked up at him.

"I'll let you know when I can feel them." He answered and skated off. Lizzie walked to center ice and sat down. Rizzo skated over to her. 

"Whatcha doin munchkin?" He asked her when he saw her sit down.

"I'm tired." She complained. He laughed.

"Me too kid. Me too." He agreed. They both giggled slightly before drills started again. He internally groaned and skated off. 

Herb began a shooting drill as Jimmy saved lots of the pucks. Herb told him he's doing better. Not good, but better. He sighed in defeat as he skated away from his net to do suicides. A bit later they went over a drill on the glass as Herb had them answer what they'd do in situations.

Herb let Lizzie take over for a couple minutes since she enjoyed coaching. All of them smiled as she scolded Silky, who had a somewhat scared expression on his face. Herb was trying not to laugh at the sight of a four year old scolding a college student.

He eventually took over as Lizzie would've never stopped scolding poor Silky and she went over to the bench. They all looked over at her. Their own little mascot.

***

I wanted to use this gif for something and I liked this idea. BRO THAT SCENE THO BROKE MY HEART. LIKE IT'S GOTTA BE SOME FORM OF ABUSE ISTG

WC: 854