Hard Goodbyes - Jack O'Callahan

Last Miracle one for a bit. I'll start doing some requests this week.

"Violet, we're sending you home."

My heart stopped. There are 21 people on the team right now and we've been waiting for the final cut. The next game is tomorrow and we needed the final roster done and Herb called me into his office after today's practice.

"What?" I whispered in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, but I can't have a girl playing on the men's team anymore. We're getting to much backlash and the fans don't want to watch if they're is a female. So pack your bags and head home." Herb finalized and went back to his work.

I got up and stormed out of his office. My footsteps were aggressive and my strides were long as I barged into the locker room. I ignored everyone's looks as I grabbed my gear and threw it into my hockey bags. I threw the bag over my shoulder and left the room without a word.

My bag was thrown into my '73 Toyota corolla. As I went to get into my car, a hand closed the door and leaned against the side. I turned my head to see non other than Jack O'Callahan leaning against my car. I rose and eyebrow at him with an annoyed expression.

"Easy." He joked. My glare hardened on him and his smirk dropped. "Sorry." He muttered.

"What do you want, O'Callahan?" I asked with a harsh tone. His face turned shocked for a moment.

"What happened? Why're you leaving?" He asked after a moment. 

"I've been cut." I spoke through gritted teeth. "Coach doesn't want a girl anymore. Bad reviews from America." Jack's face was shocked. "Did you really expect me to stay? I love you buddy but I expected to be cut when I was first spotted." I told my boyfriend. "Fun to play with you and try out. I'll see you when you're back in Boston."

With that, I got into my car and drove off.

OC's POV

I was shocked to say the least. Just because of her gender she isn't allowed to play with us in the Olympics? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. All shot away from her. My face was probably red from how angry I was.

Before thinking about it, I stormed back into the arena and up to Herb's office. I knocked harshly on the door. After hearing a confused 'come in' from the other side I opened the door and held back my glare towards my coach.

"OC?" Herb questioned upon seeing me enter. "How can I help you?" He asked.

"You cut Vi just because of her gender?" I accused him with a slightly more harsh tone than I intended. His eyes widened momentarily before he caught his composure once more.

"We can't have the paper bad mouthing the team. The fans won't come an-" 

"That's what it's about?" I cut him off. "How gives a fuck what they think? Pardon my language. If they can't live with that then so be it! She's one of the best players you got." I ranted to him. His face dropped after he realized the mistake he made.

Herb sighed. "Even if I wanted her back, it's to late. I've already submitted the roster." He sheepishly said. I shook my head and scoffed.

"Of course you did. Now if you don't mind I'll be going to help my girlfriend pack for her drive home." I didn't hear his answer as I left the room and got into my car. 

My hands gripped the wheel fairly hard as I pulled up to the hotel. I jumped out, almost forgetting to lock the doors, and went up to Vi and I's room. I walked in and saw her laying on the bed with her head in the pillow of the queen bed in the center. 

"Babe you alright?" I lightly joked as I sat beside her and put my head on her back. She smacked my hand away. Sighing, I laid down beside her. I just realized I've been spelling laid wrong this whole time bro. She turned to look at me and put her head on my chest. "I'm gonna miss you." I mumbled.

"I don't wanna leave." She admitted as a tear left her eye. 

"I'll be back in Boston before you know it." With that we put her stuff in her car and hugged one last time. "I love you." I whispered as I kissed her.

"I love you too." She replied back as she got into her car and began the long drive back to Boston.

***

MY BOOK WORKSSS

I have an unhealthy obsession with him right now lol

WC: 766