Guarded Mates

Geez, guys. I didn't want to make this a long ass oneshot, but it got out of hand. XD It's 33 pages on Word. That's probably the most pages I've ever used for a oneshot before. It's not my favorite, but eh. it's alright. 

Guarded Mate

Mate.

I stare at her from across the cafeteria as she smiles freely and laughs without a care in the world. Her auburn brown hair is swept behind her head in a high ponytail. She’s sitting with a small group of people - two of them being from my pack - and munching on today’s lunch special.

I hit my friend’s shoulder. “Hey Wes, who is that over there?”

Wes, my shaggy blonde friend, follows my finger and gazes at the girl. “The new transfer. She’s from Arkansas, somewhere near Little Rock.” He smirks, leaning back into his chair to get a better look. “She’s got a nice hunk of ass, doesn’t she?”

A growl rips through my throat before I can even control it. “Don’t say that.”

He raises his eyebrows, but doesn’t question it. Instead, he goes back to playing whatever card game the rest of my buddies were playing. I adjust my focus back on the green eyed girl. She’s wearing a white v-neck with some writing on it, and a pair of jeans that acts like a second skin. 

She’s my mate. I can feel it. As soon as I looked at her, I could just tell. I’ve met my mate in my junior year of high school. The same time I’m in training to become an alpha. My smile falters as I realize this. My pack is in danger right now. We’re being attacked left and right; for no reason. The rogues won’t tell us what they want. If I bring my mate into this…and they get a hold of her…

My fists clench. They can’t get to her, I won’t allow it.

I look over to my delicate little mate for one last time. I’ll have to guard and protect her. She can’t know I’m her mate until everything is under control. Which, hopefully, it will be soon. Nothing will harm her.

I’ll make sure of it.

{One Year Later}

“Bella, get up! First day of senior year!”

I groan, burying my head deeper into the pillows. Goodbye, summer. Goodbye beaches, pools, sunny days, warm temperatures, shorts, and tans.

Bella!”

Hello, early mornings, hard tests, final exams, horrible lunches, unpleasant teachers, and long days.

“Bella, do you want to be late?” My mom quizzes, rushing into my room and yanking off my covers. Cold seeps into my skin and I groan again. “Up, darling, up!”

I stretch my limbs out, yawning. “What time is it?”