I'll Pay You Back

I'll Pay You Back

I’ve known Andrew Deligrow for three and a half years.

Now, I’m not saying we’re the best of friends. I’m just saying I’ve known him for quite some time now. We’re actually no where’s near being friends. He’s a stereotypical asshole of a soccer player. He’s spoiled rotten and has friends that compete to see who can be the biggest jerk of the day.

But he’s also spanking rich.

And when I mean spanking rich, I mean it. His dad works as the boss of some big company that sells parts to computers. His mom is one of the top lawyers of the state. His older sister, Samantha, works in an office firm and  is making her way up to the big leagues. Every single one of them has their feet dipped in riches.

And I need money. Fast.

He knows who I am. He likes to pick on me every day. Ever since freshman year of college, he would find some type of flaw that he thought was amusing. Junior year, he’s gotten better at it through the years. I’m pretty much just like a shield now; whatever he says just bounces off me and hits him back. 

I’m currently outside his dorm room, biting my lip, wondering if I’m making the right decision here. I need a very large amount of money and he’s the only one I know who has it. I know we’re not good friends, and I’m pretty much just his punching bag, but it’s worth a shot. Right?

Right when I’m about to turn around and chicken out, the door opens. It’s Andrew Deligrow in all his glory. A grin etches onto his tan face and he swipes at his brown messy hair, leaning on the door way. “Hey, look, it’s Little Miss Fugly. You’re hair is looking a bit dead today,” He says one of his usual crude comments, wrapping a piece of my hair around his finger and tugging on it a bit too hard.

I slap his hand away, trying to look seriously at him. “I need to talk to you. Can I come in?”

There’s humor still sparking in his eyes, so I know he’s not done. “Do you want to talk, or do you want to do something even more fun?”

“Andrew, I’m serious, please?”

“Seriously ugly. Like, why would you dye your hair that color?” He, again, takes a piece of my reddish-brown hair and tugs. 

“I knew you were going to act like this, you know what, never mind - ” I slap his hand away, going to turn and go back into my dorm. It’s literally right across from his. Take four steps backwards starting from his door and there’s mine.

“No, no, no,” He laughs, grabbing my arm and literally throwing me inside his dorm. I’ve been in here before, and I’ve also made the mistake of sitting on his bed. Last time I did, he smirked at me and said a dirty comment, then tackled me and we wrestled for about ten minutes until I got free and ran to my dorm.

So I choose to sit on the chair instead.

Andrew, because he’s so charming to everyone but me, doesn’t have a roommate. He’s got the whole room to himself, probably because he paid extra. I mean, I don’t have a roommate, but that’s not the reason why. My roommate left halfway through this year and they haven’t found a new girl yet to let me share with, so I’m by myself.