What Happened in Vegas?

What Happened In Vegas...?

“Can’t I just stay here?” I ask feebly. “Just take lots of pictures and I look at them, it’ll be like I’m there the whole time!”

“No Riley,” Katie shoots at me sharply, shoving in another one of ‘my’ shirts. They’re not mine, I’m actually throwing them away when I’m done with them. They show too much cleavage for my liking. It’s just not something I’d wear.

But, and I quote, Katie has told me that ‘everybody wears this stuff in Vegas’.

I really hope she’s wrong.

That way I can cuddle up in a bookstore somewhere with a cup of hot chocolate, wearing a nice, long, warm sweater. That sounds much better than wildly partying in a random, rundown spot in Vegas, doesn’t it?

I’m kind of only going for one reason, and one reason only. That reason would be Katie. She’s turning 21 today, and for the special occasion, she wants to go to Vegas for the weekend. Her only reason: To party like a mad cow. 

Brandon, her boyfriend of 3 years, is actually letting this happen. He’s coming, of course, and they’re dragging me along with them. I’m not the party type of girl, at all. I’m more of the girl that likes to spend the whole day at the movies or a library. Anything but parties.

Brandon suddenly walks through the doorway, grinning like mad. “Whose ready for Vegas?”

Did I mention that we’re leaving today?

We go to a university in Arizona, so Vegas isn’t that far, maybe about four or five hours. We’re driving up there, then back down. “No,” I shoot him down. “Please let me stay here.”

“No way,” Brandon snorts. “I have to see you get drunk. You’ll be hilarious.”

“Thanks, Brandon,” I dryly reply.

“I second that,” Brandon’s best friend comes strutting in.

This guy. This guy throws me for a loop.

I’ve known him ever since Katie started dating Brandon. Cute couple and all, it’s just Brandon’s annoying best friend that ruins it. Brandon goes everywhere with him. He’s not spending time with Katie, it’s with him. So it makes sense why he’s coming to Vegas with us.

All the more trouble.

Liam loves to party. Period. There’s nothing else to know about him. Oh, and he likes to frustrate me to no end. I kind of thought he was cute when I first met him. He had all the features I liked in a guy; brown messy hair, a little taller than me, and a bit muscular. But it all flushed down the toilet when I heard the first words out of his mouth.

“Hey, four eyes.”

I growl at him, glaring so much that I want it to penetrate his skin and leave burn marks all over him. “I hope you get so drunk that you end up falling off a cliff.”