68: Chances

Two weeks later

I carried the box downstairs where Ron stood by the door.

"So this is the last one." I said awkwardly.

"Alright. Well I love you, Alayna. Please take care." He embraced me in a hug.

"I love you too. Don't have too much fun in London." After our hug he took the box and was gone.

It had been two weeks since I broke things off with Ron. Things were still pretty awkward but we promised to still be best friends.

He also confessed to me that he had gotten a job offer in London and was going to ask me if I wanted to move there.

After I gave him back the engagement ring he started looking for flats in London. He sold the ring after I nearly begged him to, to help pay for the deposit for the place he had found.

And now he was gone. The job offer was good for at least a couple of years. I would miss him but I knew we'd keep in touch.

Also now I have an excuse to go to London.

I went back upstairs and threw myself on my bed.

"Now what?" I asked myself.

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

"You know what, I think I am going to sell this place. It feels rather lonely now. I love this house, but I don't want to live here alone." I said to Reyes.

"You could look for a roommate...or five." That was true.

"I'll set up an ad. Title it...lonely girl looking for company." Reyes didn't even crack a smile at my joke.

Tough crowd.

"I'll set it up for you ma'am. I'm sure you have more pressing matters." All that I've done is work what does he mean? I should get a break instead of working more—

He gestured behind me.

I furrowed my brows and turned around.

"Cole, what's up?" I did not know he was coming over today.

"Drew is what's up." Reyes decided at some point during those five seconds that he should leave.

"Is there something wrong?" My mind immediately went to the worst.

"Yeah, he won't stop talking about you. Do you know how gross that is, my brother talking to me about my sister...?" Well when he puts it that way...

"I have a job to do. He calls me once a day minimum. Could you just talk to him either cut ties with him completely or...something." I knew what he meant by something and I had been thinking about him a lot too. I, on the other hand, have just journaled everything instead of telling Cole.

We both said some hurtful things the day I confronted him. Maybe this time we can talk more calmly, like adults.

"I can talk to him today, do you know if he is available?" In the back of my mind I knew there was another reason why I wanted to see Drew. I just left it there, in the back. I could not think about that now. I am an adult, not a teenager.

"I hate to say this, but, when it comes to you he is never busy. Do you want me to let him know you're coming?"

"Sure. I'll be there in two hours." In usual Cole fashion, he left after that. Which is what he commonly does when he is at "work". His job is complicated and not even I understand. To say the least, I know he has blood on his hands. Plenty of it.

"Will you be needing a ride, ma'am?" Reyes stood at the doorway. Hmm, so much for disappearing.

"It's okay, Reyes. Take the rest of the day off." He nodded and walked away.

"Alright, you can do this. You are just going to talk to him like normal adults do. That's it. Stay calm. Okay. Let's do this." I tried to prep myself.

I grabbed my keys and made my way towards the front door.

Something told me things wouldn't go the way I planned...

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Hey, it has been a long time.

I have been dealing with just trying to handle my depression for the past couple of months. I can't promise another update soon but know that I am trying hard and will finish this story.

The reason I am being honest is because, if you or someone you know is suffering from a mental illness please seek help or encourage them to seek help. There is a lot of stigma surrounding mental illness, however, getting the help you/they need is the most important. Ignoring it or hiding it will not make it go away.

As cliche as it is, it's true...things will get better. ❤️ I love you all.