kilig

Kilig
(n.) butterflies in one's stomach.

...
I Like Me Better - Lauv
play it, it good.
...

Chapter 11
____________________

                  A guys good breath makes him ten times more attractive. Shawn's breath wasn't minty. It was orange-y. And it was goddamn intoxicating. I wanted to kiss him so bad right now.

Shawn abruptly looked up at me and narrowed his eyes, "If you want to, just go ahead."

"What?" I let out a high-pitched scream.

"Woah! Calm down! Its not like I asked for nudes." Shawn placed his hand on top of mine. My mind went hazy, his touch felt tingly.

"What did you just say?" I ask him slowly.

"I said, if you want to, just go ahead and do it." He replied with a smile. My heart was beating thousand miles per second. Did I say my thought out loud? Did he hear it? Me wanting to kiss him?

Oh fuck, swallow me earth, please.

"Do what?" I ask again.

"Draw with the chalks." Came his simple reply. I do a sharp intake, and exhale slowly. Okay, swallow me later earth.

"Yeah, why not." I mumbled before grabbing a yellow chalk and started to draw small sunflowers around me.

Time must've passed real quick because now, the entire neighborhood's sidewalk was covered in small flowers and the sun was about to set. A soft pink glow, made Shawn's smile more irresistible.

"Wait wait. Let me take a picture." He stopped me from getting up.

"No I don't have makeup on." I whine.

"Oh shut up, you're beautiful." He said, a matter of fact and fished out his phone from his pocket. I grinned like a child at his comment. Call me shameless, I liked being complimented. I was still sitting on the ground, flowers drawn around me. Shawn pointed his camera at me and I smiled at him broadly while holding a hand up to cover the camera.

"Shawn don't." I whined.

"C'mon, you look cute Tara." He tried to remove my hand. I didn't budge but something was in the air that made me smile broadly. Why was I feeling so giddy all of a sudden?

"A bit of your face is covered in this one, but it's good." Shawn showed me a picture. It came out good actually. My hand was not doing what it was supposed to do and covered a bit of my left side face. The hand was a blur and the focus was on my face. The smile wasn't too bad I'd say. With the flowers and the pretty white blouse I'm wearing, I think it's one fine photo.

"Not bad." I commented.

"This must be your best photo." He said and I smiled. It might be.

"Now help me up, big guy." I reached for his hand and he helped. We both got inside and went to our own rooms. I took a shower, finished my school prep for tomorrow and then climbed down the stairs for dinner. I was completely famished. I saw Shawn lying down on one of the couches.

"Out of all the ways one could die, I don't want starvation to be mine." I whined and plopped down next to him. He gave me a smile.

"Justin won't be home tonight, you want to go out to eat?"

"Go out?" I raised my eyebrows. "That's too much of hard work for me. Let's just order Chinese."

Shawn stood up, fixing his shirt. "I have a fantastic idea and we are going out to eat." His hand reached out for me.