ardor

Ardor
(n.) enthusiasm or passion.

...

Chapter 36

———————

                   "Pistachio is heaven on earth." Shawn said for the umpteenth time. I look up with a frown. No matter how much I wanted to join the boys for ice cream after school, I couldn't. On my way to class, I met Adrian on the hallway and asked if he could drop me home, which he agreed to. I'll have to lie to them, for now.

These three, Justin Shawn and Ethan, I don't think I can hide anything from them, ever.

"I've been dying for some cookie dough for so long. I can't wait." Ethan looked at me excitedly.

"Uhm, guys, I kinda need to stay back a few hours today, I don't want you three to cancel. Please go without me and we'll go back tomorrow. My treat, I promise."

Justin shakes his head, "What's more important than ice cream Tara?"

"Yeah, you got a booty call or what?" Ethan added. I rolled my eyes. "I have some work in the library. I volunteered for it a week ago and I can't just back away now. You three go, I'll take you three tomorrow."

"It's not fun without you." Justin whined.

"Sometimes you have to hang out without me, so you never forget how fun I am." I grin at him. Shawn scoffed, "Not funny Tara. Just come with us after class and we'll drop you back at school."

I shake my head, "I would if I could. There's nothing I can do. I'm sorry." Man, lying to them felt horrible. More convincing later, they agreed. I felt accomplished and guilty, all at once. After school was out, I patiently waited for the building to get empty and finally made my way to the parking lot. Adrian was leaning against his bike, smoking with his shades on. Hot, fucking hot.

I smiled, when he finally noticed me. "What are you? My girlfriend?" He asked. I gave him a confused look. "Don't smile at me like that."

I roll my eyes. "You don't tell me what to do."

"Get on the back and let's go, I don't have all day." He turned around and started the engine. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"If you don't drop that attitude, you drive yourself home, I'll go alone." I tell him. He looked up for a brief second before smirking. "Gods, Tara. You are so dramatic."

"You don't talk to me that way." I tell him again. I like it when I'm bold around him.

"You don't tell me what to do." He copied me from earlier. I roll my eyes and punch his arm before getting on the bike. He drove out of the parking lot and continued on my way home. I kept thinking of a perfect time to ask him about Tyler. My curiosity would make him so mad, but he shouldn't have lied to me continuously.

My head was resting on his back as I felt the wind, not paying attention to where he was taking me, home wasn't certainly it. He killed the engine in front of a park I've never been to.

"What is this place?" I ask him.

"This is the part where I kill you." He jokes. I rolled my eyes. "On broad day light? In a park? I didn't know you sucked at it Adrian."

He smirked and started walking in front me. We stayed silent for a few minutes. "What do you want to know?" He asked randomly.

"About what?"

"Tyler and I." He replied but didn't bother looking at me. I inhaled. Here is it.

"How do you know each other? Who made you get matching tattoos together?"