ramé

Ramé
(n.) Something that is both chaotic
and joyful at the same time.

...

Chapter 24
________________

                         Apparently, numerous hugs from Justin, Shawn and Ethan may have helped my mood but it didn't help the situation at school. I still had to go there and face everyone who think it's funny that my mom and dad had an one night stand and I'm just another drunken mistake. I couldn't sleep all night, which helped with thinking things through. Surely their behavior hurt my feelings but I wasn't the one to sit in a corner and let people laugh at me. Nah-uh.

I'd be the center of the attention today, because of my weird out burst yesterday. So I decided, if people wanted to stare I'll make it worth their while. Today, Tara will look the hottest in that rotten school. I loosely curled my hair, did my light makeup and put on a bomb outfit that put my legs on a display.

I hate putting effort in my school appearance. But it was needed.

Justin's honking caught my attention. I sighed and got up, grabbed my bag and walked out of the house. Mom was still home, sleeping after her night shift. My cheeky friend whistled as I walked to his car. I shot him a smirk as I got in his mustang.

"Looking hot Tara!" Juliana shouted from their threshold. I shot her a grin as Justin drove away. It was good to have him live next to me.

"Whom are you trynna impress huh?" He asked.

"Trevor." I replied.

"Oh and you're coming to the color fest." Justin said. I turned to him, "No."

"Tara I don't want to argue about this. Do you ever think what would happen to your social life if I never forced you to come at fun places with me? You'd be sulking in a corner, reading some shitty book." He shook his head.

"Firstly, I don't read shitty books and I don't sulk in a corner when reading a book. Even if I do, what's wrong with that? But I don't sulk in a corner." I tell him, crossing my hands over my chest. He laughed at that. "You cry every time you read that blue book."

"Blue book?" I ask confusingly.

"Yeah the cancer kid book."

I roll my eyes. "It's Fault in Our Stars. You like that book, you made reference the other day that.."

He snorted. "I'd rather have sex with Philosophy."

"The goat?" I ask and he nods. We burst out laughing at that. Justin seemed to ease my nerves a bit. Five minutes later, Justin was parking his car as I rubbed my hands in my shorts. Clammy, annoying hands.

"If anyone dares to bother you, just give me their name. I'll make them all pay." Justin said pulling me close by his arm on my shoulder, making me smile.

"How will you do that?"

"I know a lot of ways to do that, trust me. Isabelle won't even look in your direction, I promise." He said as we entered the school building. Stares. Everyone stared at me as we walked through the crowded hallway.

"Justin St.Claire." Someone screeched. Isabelle. She made her way to Justin through the crowd. I tilted my head to look up at Justin, he was slightly smirking. Isabelle stopped inches away from him.

"You think this is a joke? My car? My dog? How dare you do that? My car will be in the car wash for two fucking days and my dog? What did she ever do wrong to you?" She shouted. Everyone stopped and stared like we're in some chick flick. I hate these cliche high school moments.