cafuné

Cafuné
(v.) Running your fingers
through your lover's hair.

...

Chapter 57

_____________

"Can I sit here?" He asked me after staring at my face for a while. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and replied to him. "No."

Adrian smirked and pulled the chair and took his seat in front of me. This time I had to roll my eyes. Putting my phone down, I grabbed my mug and swallowed whatever was in there. Taking a napkin, I wiped my mouth and was about to get up from my seat but he interrupted me.

"Why are you here? And not in school?" He asked me. I was already mad at him for sitting in with me and now he asks me this question. "All I can say is, fuck yourself Adrian." I snapped at his face before storming out of the cafe.

Of course he ran behind me and easily caught up to me. Grabbing me by the arm, he twirled me and our faces were closer than usual. "The fuck is your problem?" I sneered.

"I missed you." Side of his lips curled up. I tilted my head to study him for a moment. He wiggled his eyebrows.

"You're drunk."

"I don't remember when I'm sober." Came his instant reply. I nod and take a step back but he doesn't let go of me. "How long has it been? A week? Feels like months." He babbled on. "I got shitfaced last night. Woke up, found a bottle of whiskey, and had it for breakfast. I think it was James'. Whoops!" He chuckled. I leaned in and he probably thought I'm about to kiss him because his face dropped a little.

"Adrian, I don't care. Take your hands off me." I told him. He tsked.

"I think not. Let's go skinny dipping together." He climbed down the cafe stairs excitedly, pulling me with him. I yanked my arm off his hold. Feeling it, Adrian turned around. "Don't be a pain in the ass." He yelled at me.

Suppressing my anger, I told him, "Go home Adrian. Get sober and then, maybe we can talk. Or maybe not."

"Are you still mad at me?" He inquired. I nodded. "But it wasn't my fault." He added. I shrugged. Adrian started to retreat.

"I'm not gonna apologise though. Because I'm not wrong. Also because I'm an egoistic motherfucker." He kept talking as he made his way to his bike. I thought about it for a moment before rushing to him.

"You're drunk! How can you drive?" I asked him. He didn't ever spare me a glance. He got on his bike and hit the pedal.

"You don't have to worry. If I die, I die." He told me. Taken back by his reply, I took a step back. "I got here drunk, I can go back drunk. Maybe if I have an accident, it's your fault." He kept talking as he drive out of the parking. His words fuelled my anger.

"You know what? Maybe you're gonna have an accident! And you had it coming Adrian! You're a dickhead! Go fuck yourself!" I shouted at his retreating back. Tears ran down my cheeks and he didn't even look back at me.

I never got to ask him how he found out I'm here, maybe now that James is off duty. Adrian took his job of following me everywhere. I walked back home from the cafe. On my way, I kept praying that Adrian gets home safe.

If anything happens... I don't want to think about it.

**

"You're home?" Mom looked at me with confusion. I was startled. Because I had no idea what to tell her. Why am I here and not in school? I had no idea she'll be home.