faodail

Faodail
(n.) a lucky find.

...

Chapter 66

____________

I may be heartbroken but when it comes to spoiling myself, no one does it better than me. Or maybe I just wanted to forget my sorrows. So I ordered shit loads of food from Chipotle and the coffee table at Justin's place was full of takeaway boxes. I was very content with myself.

Justin and Shawn walked in that moment, they had gone back to get me some stuff from my house and the expression on their faces were priceless.

"What's all this?" Shawn asked as he set the bag down. I grinned. "My treat."

"What for?" Justin asked me. I rolled me eyes. "It's Christmas guys! That's a good enough reason, right?" I took a sip of my hot chocolate, though there's no need to keep my body warm. But for the aesthetic. They smiled at me and walked over. We sat down and ate. I was so focused on my burrito bowl I didn't notice when Justin went to get a packet from the bags they disposed by the door.

"Christmas present." He smiled at me and my heart stopped. How did I get so lucky in the best friend criteria? His gift is still at my place. "But I couldn't get yours it's still at..."

"Doesn't matter. Open it!" He gave me an excited grin.

Under the wrapping paper was a large box. It was slim and and inside was a large photo frame and a collage of eight pictures was on display. From when I was eight and frightened after everything that happened with my babysitter to a photo from us at the color fest, where I was cradling his back, everything was in this frame. Our bond, our relationship. A friendship I'll cherish forever.

My eyes teared up in a second. I gripped the frame hardly in my hand and I tried my best not to cry. "Thank you." I whispered. "Thank you a lot."

Justin wrapper his arms around me and kissed my temple. "I love you you crazy bitch." He told me. I broke into a grin, tears leaving my eyes as I replied, "I fucking love you so much."

"Okay simps, enough love! It's my turn. Tara open it!" Shawn handed me a box and I excitedly tore apart the wrapping.

"No you didn't!!" I gasped as I held up the mirror in my hand. It was no ordinary mirror. It had a touch button which illuminated led lights around the mirror and behind it was a small container like space to store makeup. It was perfect for traveling and storing makeup in it would save me so much time.

"Yes I did! I know you've been dying to get this mirror." Shawn winked at me. I smiled. "I love it Shawn! Thanks a lot."

Justin snatched it away. "Hmm, I look great today!" He ran a hand through his hair and checked himself out in the mirror. I had to roll my eyes. Shawn snatcher it from him. "Let me see, hmm, I look totally fuckable."

"That is not even a word dummy!" I told him.

"Who cares? You have to admit I look fuckable Tara!" Shawn asked me and I waved him away. He is good looking, but I'm not admitting it. For a second, I actually forgot the misery of my life and enjoyed the company of my friends and when the door bell rang, I was pretty sure I'm about to go back to misery now.

We looked at each other with warning eyes before Justin went to get the door. I craned up neck to see Xander standing outside and I almost choked on my own spit. How the fuck did he find me? Justin's apartment was this only place I thought he won't be able to locate.