yonderly

Yonderly
(n.) Absent minded.

...

Chapter 26
———————

Do it, do it now you dummy.

I step forward and place my hand on Shawn's shoulder, he turned around swiftly and looked at me. I swear I saw something in his eyes, they dimmed the moment they landed on me.

"You're mad at me, aren't you?"

He didn't say anything. I speak up again. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for last night. I don't know what got over me. I'm crazy, you know that. It felt like the right thing to do then. Like, my gut feeling told me to do so. Not gut feeling, more like...uhm... I was confused. I'm still confused. It's just that my brain spirals out of control sometimes. I'm not making sense but please don't be mad at me." I say. Fucking smooth.

He still doesn't say anything. He opened the bottle and drank from it, all the while his stare intact on me. I swear he looked so freaking hot, it made me really regret not having him last night. Sweat glistened on his forehead, his neck, his broad shoulder and muscular arms.

Maybe it was really dumb of me to try talking to him during the half time. But I couldn't live with this regret anymore. I don't even know why I'm regretting my decisions.

"Shawn, don't be mad at me. How can you ever be mad at me? I'm the cutest thing on earth c'mon! Please, can we forget about last night and move on? I know you will forgive me. C'mon." I'm so dumb. I can't tolerate myself anymore.

He closed his bottle and placed it down. Then he took two steps towards me. "It is easier said than done Tara, not every guy appreciates being invited to a bed then being declined. If it wasn't me then you could've got raped last night. Heck, I don't know how I controlled myself." He said and walked away, leaving me frozen at my spot.

I couldn't think, I couldn't act. I should just leave.

I turned around and walk straight into someone. Cursing under my breath, I looked up. Tyler looked at me hesitantly and muttered a small sorry. I snort. "What are you sorry for?"

"Uhm.. for bumping. I didn't mean to hurt you." He said. I couldn't help but smile. "It was more of my fault."

Only now I noticed what he was wearing, our basket ball jersey and shorts. From when was Tyler in the team? I just watched —— minutes of the match and not once did I notice him in this court. Either I have issues or he was an extra.

"You're in the team?" I asked him.

"Yep, you didn't notice me?" He spoke slowly. It was really hard hearing him over the sounds of basketball players shouting their asses off..

I smiled. "Now I will." I say before walking away.

I bumped into someone else. Justin reached out and held me by my shoulders, "We are winning!" He beams. I can't but mirror his expression.

"Yes, we are. You're doing amazing Justin. So proud of you." I tell him.

"Thanks." He winked. "Also, you're coming to the party after the match, at Aaron's place." He sprinted off after that, not giving me a chance to decline.

I groaned loudly. I spotted Ethan by the nacho cart. "I hate him, I fucking hate Shawn. What does he think he is? He blamed it all on me. As if I'm the one who is guilty." Ethan gave me bewildered look.

"You kind of are guilty but you said no, he stopped. Shouldn't you be admiring him for that?" He asks.

"I do, okay? I really do. But that doesn't mean he'll treat me like trash. I'm no trash I'm a princess." I tell him and cross my hands over my chest. I called myself princess outta sarcasm but my mind drifted off to Adrian, if he was the one calling me princess I'd be so pissed off about it.