alexithymia

Alexithymia
(n.) The inability to express your feelings.

...

Chapter 44

————————

"This is outrageous." I whisper to Shawn who only nods in reply. His brain was probably worn out, he's been listening to my rant for the last ten minutes. "He can't just take him away. He owes us some explanation too."

Shawn shrugs. "I agree."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah sure. You didn't even listen to half of the shit I said." I look at him and the side of his lips are curved upwards. "But that's okay. You've been handling my paranoid ass nicely."

When the bell rang, Shawn and I run out of AP Biology and to the parking lot, got in the car and went to the nearest Sub-way where Ethan and Tyler were.

I walked in to see them talking silently, both of them looked tired. "Hey!" I greeted.

"I just wanna say, thank you. Thank you for not telling him my location and respecting my privacy unlike Adrian. Motherfucker bailed out on me over a fucking blowjob." Tyler told me.

"Over a what?" Shawn questioned, he had to do a double take. Only then my eyes fell on Ethan who looked very pissed off. With his arms crossed over his chest he held me in his cold stare.

"How much did you tell him Tyler?" I ask him.

"Wait! Who gave whom a blowjob?" Shawn asked again. Tyler pointed his finger towards Ethan. "He was blackmailing me."

"Thank you for respecting my privacy, fucking asshole." I gritted out. I turned all of my attention to Ethan. "It's all a fucking lie. I didn't blow him off. I was.... I don't know what I was doing but I had no other option. You know how Adrian can be, he's a jerk."

"I'm not as acquainted with Adrian as you are." Ethan replied. I grimaced at his words.

"Who the fuck is Adrian?" Shawn asks. I turn to give him are you dumb look. He knew who Adrian is but he doesn't know how acquainted him and I are.

To say I'm fucked, will be a fucking understatement.

"Start from the beginning. The very beginning." Ethan ordered me. I quietly took my seat across him with Shawn next to me.

"So I was getting ice cream one day." I start, I can't believe it all started over my stupid cravings.

"He was in there. I had no idea who he was but he was smoking inside, on top of it he was being very disrespectful to people there. So I did what I had to do. I insulted him and snatched his cigarettes away. It ended there. But a few weeks later, I saw him in our school, he was working as a janitor. He told me it was community service, he was arrested dealing drugs the same day I met him." I started.

"Holy shit." Shawn cursed. I took a deep breath and continued. "I kept bumping to him and we kept fighting, it wasn't much really. But then on the night of colour fest, he rescued us from getting robbed and only then I realised he was not what it seemed like. You know, I just started seeing things."

"Ghosts?" Shawn asked.

"No dimwit. Not ghosts. Things that made me curious, like the same tattoo Tyler and he has, when I asked about it both of them lied." I say. Tyler nods as he pulls up his sleeves to show his sun tattoo.

"I told Justin about it and we did some digging and found out that it was the symbol of their... gang."

"Of what?" Shawn shouted.