viridity

Viridity
(n.) naive innocence.

...

Chapter 61

———————

Adrian held up a bottle of whiskey in front of me. "A lil splash of whiskey might be the secret ingredient."

"Oh yeah? When was the last time you baked?" I raised my eyebrow. Grinning, he shrugged. "Never. But I can tell whiskey will make it extra soft and rich in taste-"

"Shut up Adrian!" I laugh and crack an egg before adding it to the batter. So far, I've been doing fucking great. The batter looked, edible. It wasn't even as difficult as I had imagined.

"Did you chop the chocolates?" I asked him while he was gulping down some whiskey, straight from the bottle. He picked up the knife and waved it around. "Getting there."

I shook my head. I might not be the best cook but Adrian, he's horrible. God help this guy. Ten minutes of struggling with my drunk boyfriend we were finally able to put the cookies inside the oven. They were already smelling so good. I cleaned the counters as Adrian drank some more whiskey. Once the kitchen was cleaned I walked to him.

"Eight more minutes till the cookies are done, let's make out till then say what?" He wiggles his eyebrows and without even giving me the chance to agree his lips sealed over mine, his hand coming up behind my head. My tongue tasted his, his whiskey breath tasted kinda acidic and something sweet that's been burnt.

Adrian's both hand gripped my face, my head tilting slightly to my right. Our lips moved in sync and I pulled apart to catch breath. He looked down at me, his eyes slightly droopy. We grinned at each other.

"You're so cute." He bumped his nose against mine. His compliment broadened my silly grin. "You're the cutest." I shot back before kissing his lips, slowly and sensually. My palms rested on his chest, feeling his heart thumping against my hand. His moves down to my waist, with a slight pull out distance disappeared.

We break the kiss again. I looked into his beautiful eyes. "You smell so good." I told him. He grinned at me shyly. "You're the best." Adrian placed a small kiss on my nose. I stood on my toes to kiss his nose. "I love your hair color." He whispered as he tightly held me by my waist, not letting me stand down and kissed me. My heart calmed down against his touch instead of going crazy like all the other times.

The timer went off. Adrian pouted as I tried to step away. Leaning down he pressed his lips against my neck. 

"Let's see how they turned out. Cmon babe." I coo in his ear. He finally lets me go and I run to the oven. As I opened the oven door, smell of freshly baked cookies filled the room. I take the tray out and set it on the counter. They looked so nicely done.

I jumped up and down in happiness. Even Adrian looked impressed. He took one from the tray, it was still hot, and took a bite. My eyes widened but he seemed unfazed. He chewed peacefully, then closed his eyes and groaned.

"It's so fucking good Tara!" He shouted. Squealing, I took the cookie from him and took a bite. And man, was it delicious. Adrian and I sat happily by the counter and ate cookie after cookie while the next batch was in the oven.

I had no idea I could bake. But there you have it bitches, Tara Summer, queen of cookies.

"Let's dip it in whiskey!" Adrian suggested. I shook my head as he poured him some of it and dipped his cookies in it. Adrian looked like he enjoyed the taste and even forced me to take a bite. It tasted disgusting and had me retching by the sink for a few minutes.