eunoia

Eunoia
(n.) beautiful thinking.

...

Chapter 19

_________________

"I hate it Tara, the way she throws me out. She literally threw me out of the house last night. Why is she so scared? Or is she ashamed?" Justin asked.

"Stop overreacting like a thirteen years old. There's nothing to be ashamed of." I try to reason with him as he parks the car in a spot.

"I get it, she's not ashamed of me. Then what's wrong with introducing me with her parents? I'm not going to ask them for a foursome, for fuck's sake." We both get out of the car in sync. But I was laughing. He could have.

"I appreciate it. Thanks for coming to me with your problems but you should really confront her. Talk it out you know? Tell her that you don't want to escape the house through the window when her parents arrive." I say. He nods, still deep in thought. I quickly wrap my arms around his torso. "Now give me a smile."

His frown turned upside down. He gave me a sideways hug. "Thanks for always cheering me up. So the cigarette packet you took from Adrian. That's his name?" He asks making me groan.

"Next topic please."

He laughed as we entered the school building. "Mom will be paying a visit soon."

I screamed. Screamed like I just saw a ghost. Because I haven't seen Juliana in a year, to say least.

I jumped in Justin's arms. I was so fucking happy I could treat Trevor nicely. "Ohmygod, ohmygod, Yes!" I shouted. I heard his hearty laugh as he picked me off the ground.

"I love you Justin. You're the best. Finally, I haven't seen her in so long. I missed her cooking. I think I'll cry." I say when I feel stinging sensation in my eyes.

"Mom wouldn't want that." He hugged me again. A few drops of tears left my eyes but it was okay. Juliana is someone special.

"I can't tell you how happy I am."

He smiled down at my emotional wreck of a face, "Homeroom is in ten minutes. You want to be late?"

I roll my eyes and get out of his embrace. Only now I noticed, everybody was staring at us. "The show's over. Mind your own fucking business." Justin said as he started walking. I walked away to my locker too. Shawn was there to greet me. "And what was that about?"

"Juliana." I answer with a huge smile on my face. "She'll be coming soon. I just can't- I can't explain how happy I am. I missed her so much."

"Yeah, the only memory I have of her is she cooks fabulous food." He tells me.

"Damn! Someone doesn't look happy." I hear Ethan say. I turn to him with a questioning eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

He pointed towards Lauren and Justin. They were supposed to talk about stuffs. But why was Justin trying to make her mood better and she kept glaring at him with a pissed off face? They were probably talking about something else.

"They are always so happy. What happened now?" Shawn asked.

I shrug. "It's their matter. Let's not put our noses in it."

"It must be because you told him you love him." Ethan said.

Shawn and I turned to give him a flat look. "Everyone knows I'm his best friend. I love him, but not in that way. Lauren knows it too. She is stupid if she is getting mad about that."