inara

Inara
(n.) Shining light.

...

Chapter 62

__________

                   Dawnbreakers could use some more girls in their gang. They are all young guys who are all adrenaline junkies. I looked severely out of place between all these tall guys clad in leather, while I was in a plain white tee and faded jeans, my short hair in a bun. I didn't recognize the guys from last time. But their suppliers looked nervous and almost cautious.

"Why this new location? You're not gonna betray us will you?" The shortest of the group questioned. Adrian blew out puffs of smoke. Atlas couldn't make it, so it was only James him and I. Zara sat by our car.

"You heard about our rival gang? We burnt their whole shipment off. So this is just a... precaution." He waved around his cigarette before putting it back in his mouth.

"We've only got 10 kilos of cocaine today. We'll deliver the rest in a week." He said again and James scoffed. "We agreed on 30 kilos and you dare to show up with ten? The fuck is your problem today Calvin?" He took a threatening step forward.

"I'm not sure if I can trust you. Location is new, people are new. Jacksonville has this new cop, who's after all of us." He argued.

"So now you've got trust issues with us after years of business Calvin? You've gotta be shitting me. Or..." Adrian walked closer to him. "You've found a new customer, one who is desperate for more supplies?"

I tried to work my brain. He isn't talking about vipers, is he? But that makes sense though...

Calvin huffed. "I'll answer to Atlas or Carlos. Since when are you in charge Adrian?"

Adrian head tilted to the side.  "Carlos is a lying bastard who will not be attending this business anymore. Atlas is busy somewhere else, trying to protect us. Vipers could come down on us both, taking your cocaine and my cock." Adrian placed a hand on his shoulder, Calvin seemed to ease out. A little more coaxing will melt him.

"I know it all seems risky. We are all in huge shit. But I know you have 30 kilos in your trunk and I have the whole payment in my trunk. It's quite fucking early in the morning and I want to go back to sleep as soon as this shit show is over so can we just?" Calvin seemed convinced.

Then his eyes fell on me. My heart started racing immediately. This is the part where shit show gets real. He narrowed his eyes.

"She comes with us to get the bags, you'll get the money." He stated. My mind swirled. Adrian looked over his shoulder, his expression stoic. "Her?"

"Yes her, what's her name? Is she new?" He raised an eyebrow.

"With all due respect Calvin, you ain't our boss. She'll go with you, she ain't no cop undercover. Quit being a pussy." James replied snarking. Calvin shrugged his shoulder took a step backwards. I started to walk towards them. I can't give away how scared I am. So I pressed my lips together and faced Calvin.

"What are you waiting for? I haven't got all day." I spoke. Calvin nodded and he started to walk back outside our school premises. I followed them three out, no matter how much I want to turn around and sneak a glance at Adrian, I didn't.

It's not like he's gonna save me or anything. What could they possibly do?

"Are you Adrian's girlfriend?" Calvin asked as his guys opened the trunk and took out some bags. I rolled my eyes and took two bags. "That's none of your business."