december

December
(n.) A month of lights, snow and
feasts, time to make amends
and tie loose ends.

...

Chapter 70

___________

                       The gang house didn't look very familiar. It was on party mode tonight and I saw so many people all over the property. Adrian pulled into the garage, where I've never been before. So to say my jaw hit the floor, would be an understatement.

I had expected Xander to have a lot of money. But I didn't prepare myself to see shiny cars all over his garage. Heck, his garage was probably as large as my house.

"Cars are his passion. Your dad is a whore for them." Adrian snickered before guiding me out of there. I bit my lip and turned to look up at me.

"You think I should start calling him dad?" I asked. Adrian looked a bit surprised at my question. His eyes went back to a couple making out by the fountain on the entrance of their estate.

"That guy cares for you. I think if you really call him dad one day, he'll start crying. But remember this Tara, the word Daddy should be only used for me." The look on his face was serious. I snorted before punching his chest. "Dick head." I muttered as we punched past the crowd and into the house.

I grimaced at the sight, drunk people everywhere and neon lights throbbed in a rhythm. The living room had been transformed into a dance floor and the dining table was being used for making out. "What does Xander has to say about this?" I asked Adrian over the loud music.

"He lets us have a little fun, just this one night." He smiled and took me to the kitchen. James stood behind the counter with another guy I don't recognize. But I was sure they were related by blood. He was just as tall and bulky like James. They both gulped down a shot and yelled on each other's face.

"James! A shot for the most beautiful person on earth!" Adrian shouted over to him. I smiled at his words. "And give one to Tara too!" Adrian added and I shoved him to the side.

"Fucking asshole!" But I was laughing. James handed us shots and I pushed back my sanity before throwing it down. James offered me a piece of lemon after that and I gladly took.

"Tara, meet my cousin. Parker, like Spider-Man." James yelled, I could barely hear him over the loud music. Parker nodded and smiled at me. I smiled back.

"She's Xander's daughter, the one we found a few days ago." James introduced me like I'm a stray cat they found in the streets. Adrian threw an arm over my shoulder. "And my girlfriend too!" He beamed at Parker.

"Sadly." I added and rolled my eyes.

Parker laughed and offered to pour us all another shot. I threw my head back and let the alcohol burn it's way down my throat, I kind of like this sensation. Parker and James yelled at each other's faces again. Then another shot. And another. The cousin duo screamed at each other every time, startling me each round.

Adrian leaned down to my ear. "Let's leave before these Vikings start a sword fight." His arms circled around my waist and pulled me away. I laughed as we walked out of the kitchen. "I'd love to see that."

We went up the stairs and entered a dimly lit room and the smell of weed cling to the air. I saw many guys sprawled our on the sofas. Everyone had a joint or a glass in their hands. "And where are we?"

"Do you never want to try a joint?" Adrian asked and sat down on an empty sofa. I plop down next to him. "It doesn't excite me." I replied. Adrian took out an joint from his pocket. He rolled it around his fingers and looked up at me. "What excites you then?" He asked with a smirk.