feullimort

Feullimort
N. The color of a dying leaf.

...

Chapter 51

——————————

One day before thanksgiving, Juliana discoverer her love for hosting parties and basically dragged Justin and I to Whole Foods with her. It's going to be a busy day, I can tell. Justin and Shawn's father are landing in Jacksonville today, even mom is taking a day off with Gray. We are going to celebrate thanksgiving together. It made me happy, to finally have so many people around for an American holiday and celebrate it like just another American. But I'll be meeting Shawn's dad for the first time, I don't know why I'm nervous about that.

Juliana needed everything to be perfect. For example, if the recipe said pepper cut into half inches long pieces, she'll bring her ruler with her and measure that shit. For someone as messy as Justin, I bet it's hard being her son sometimes.

"I said, Philadelphia Butter, unsalted." Juliana glared at Justin. "You brought me this unknown brand and it's salted!"

"They taste the same!" He reasoned with her. But she's stubborn. So Justin went back to find the perfect butter for her then she sent me to find onions. And this single vegetable stressed me out more than calculus.

After Juliana was somewhat satisfied with her finds, we went back home to find mom already waiting for us. Juliana and mom prepped for the big dinner tomorrow and Justin went with Shawn to the airport to get their dads. Which left me alone, bored and sulking, it was officially Adrian's problem now.

He picked up my call after the second ring. "Princess, if it's not some big crisis can I call you ten minutes later?"

I snickered. "Are you in the middle of some shady gang business?"

"As a matter of fact, yeah I am. But turns out I have five minutes to spare. Something you wanted to tell me?"

"Are you trading marijuana?" I ask jokingly.

"I don't get it Tara, did you follow me again today? Where are you hiding?"

"I did not." I replied.

"Then how did you get that right?" He asked me, making me laugh.

"Alright, times up. I'll call you later." He hung up without waiting for my reply. I wonder how his gang business works. So I went for the only idea in my head. I grabbed popcorn and turned my laptop on. I legit googled their gang name and a bunch of articles and pictures popped up.

I spent an hour reading those, learnt so much about them. They are referred as the local gang mostly and Vipers are called the foreign gang. Marijuana is actually their biggest source of income and three names popped up constantly, Carlos, Xander and Christian.

One of them, I knew and he was a fucking dickhead and I doubt others are just like him. But so far, all the members I met seemed pretty nice to me, except for you know who. I didn't bond with them immediately but they didn't treat me as an outcast either. Boredom was about to consume me again when I finally found something on Adrian. It's hard to believe this is all on google, like, what the fuck?

Turns out, Adrian, Zara and Zach were arrested for vandalising several police cars after they had spent the night in the police station because they were caught dealing Cocaine the night before at a high school dance. Imagine walking out of the police station after spending the night there and immediately vandalising their cars. Like, people like them really exist?