Do I Wanna Know?

*Avery's POV*

~*~

 Thursday afternoon, I was sitting on my couch, watching a pre-recorded episode of Pretty Little Liars, when my phone buzzed, signaling that I had a message. I turn it over and it was from Josh.

I hated texting during a show so I paused it and ended up calling him.

 "Hey, did you ask about going to the beach on Friday?" I ask and he sighs.

"Yeah, I asked but I don"t know if I'll be able to go."  He tells me and I sigh. 

"Why? If you asked, then obviously your mom will let you go!" I exclaim. 

"I can try and ask again but, I don't know."  He says, sounding tired.

"Please ask again..., it wouldn't be the same without you." I say softly. I hear shifting in the phone. Holding my breathe, I hear Josh clear his throat and he says "Okay. I promiss you I'll ask."

"Yay! Okay, awesomeness. I'll see you soon, okay?" I say, smiling.

"Okay." he says.

"Okay." I say, starting to fangirl.

"OH MY GOD! QUIT FLIRTING WITH ME!" He exclaims and I laugh. "Quit quoting The Fault In Our Stars and ask your mom already!" I say, laughing.

He chuckles softly and say "Bye, Avery."

Smiling, I say "Byeee Joshy!" And I hang up. My heart thumps and I sink into the couch. I have Dylan. But why does my heart beat fast for Josh?

~*~

Friday morning, I rush out the house , on time! I look up to Josh's house, expecting him to be steady waking up, but nothing. His house is still and quite, and I sigh. He told me he was getting his crutches today, so obviously, no school for him. Lucky bastard.

My car quickly fills with The Weekend's "Earned It" my favorite song at the moment.

'You make it look like it's magic. 'Cause I see nobody, nobody but you, you, you. I'm never confused. Hey, hey." I sing along but, I"m not really in the mood for this. My mind wanders and it somehow wanders to Josh, who is sarcastic and funny and irritating and an amazing kisser. Oh god, his kisses. But then there's Dylan, who is sweet and thoughtful and kind and also a good kisser. Oh jesus, I'm having guy problems... Me! Who has only been in a relationship once, and has hardly ever looked at by guys, now I have two guys.

Two very hot guys.

Ohhh, I was headed for soo much trouble.

 "Hey babe, ready for 3 days of beach time?" Dylan asks me at my locker that morning. "Hi, and yes! I cannot wait! I put my suitcase in my trunk last night." I said. "Did you tell your friends?" He asks me and I nod. "Yeah, and luckily, they can all go but I still don't have an answer from Josh or Emma." I say. 

"Well, fingers crossed they can go. Babe, I've gotta jet but I'll see you later." Dylan says and gives me a quic pec on the lips before running down the hall. Smiling, I make my way to first period and my phone buzzes. It's a text, from Josh. My stomach flutters and I open it. 

'While you're over at hell, I'm in a doctor's office, so I'm still trying to decide who has it worse, in other news, I can go! Sandy beaches, warm sun and cool waters, here I come! ...... In crutches, but still. See ya there!' 

I squeal in delight and rush to class. 

By lunch time, I already have confirmation from Emma also and it marks it the best Friday in the history of Friday's. As I'm closing my locker and walk to lunch, I see Dylan ... talking to some girl. He whisphers something in her ear and she giggles. He smiles down at her and leans down and gives her a kiss... on the mouth.

There's a burning sensation in my eyes and an acid taste in my mouth. 

So, he's been cheating on me. With some girl, do I even want to now her name? Or his excuses? This is the shittiest thing that's ever happened to me, besides my dad leaving me and my mom. 

Screw it, I'm still going to the beach with my friends. But for now, everything is fine. I won't let peasants bring me down. Hell no. I'm going to enjoy myself and this weekend. Screw dyln, and that little girl. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey you guys! I just wanted to than evryone thats read this story and tht's voted or commented and thank you so much for this 108k! WHAT?!?!? How is that even possible! Im still grounded and i dont know when ill be able to update again but fingers crossed its soon! Love yall!