"It Smells Like Love In The Air." "Sweetie That's Pollution.."

*Avery's POV*

~*~

I open my locker and find a single red rose leaning against my notebook. I smile and Josh appears at my side.
"Tomorrow. You. Me. Date." Josh says and I bite back my smile.
"We just got back together and you're being so demanding." I tease.
"You love it, babe." He smirks.
I crinkle my nose.
"Babe?" I question.
"Yes?" He asks and I roll my eyes.
"No. Urgh. 'Babe'. Why?" I ask.
"Fine. There's also 'baby girl', 'princess', 'love', 'cutie', 'cute ass', 'baby', and at the moment that's all I can think of but choose one of them." Josh says.
"I like 'princess'." I say after a moment.
"Alright. 'Baby girl' it is." Josh says and I look pointedly at him.
"It's not special if you get to choose it." He whines and I start walking to my third period.
"Okay, I see your point." I say and Josh smirks.
"It's about time you admit that I'm right." He says.
"I admit your right... at times." I say and now it's his turn to look pointedly at me.
"Okay, okay. Sorry." I say and he laughs, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

~*~

"Emma, Alexia. I need your help." I say as I sit down next to them at lunch.
"What's wrong?" Alexia asks me.
"Well, Josh asked me out for tomorrow and I have no idea what to wear." I explain.
"Okay. Well, where are you guys going?" Emma asks me.
"I have no idea." I say.
"Well, shit." Emma says and I laugh.
"That is right. Well, we'll come over tomorrow in the morning and help you choose something." Alexia casts a look at Emma before turning back to me.
"Thanks, you guys." I say and then Ryder joins us.
"So, please explain to me why Kendell is back to dodging me." He says a little sadly.
"Can't. Girl code." Alexia says and Ryder sighs.
"I was actually talking to Avery." He says, turning to me.
"We can't. It's girl code." I say and Ryder looks at me.
"I've broken guy code for you so many times, Avery." Ryder snaps and storms out of the cafeteria.
"Yo, what the hell?" I exclaim and rush after him. Luckily, he doesn't go very far and I see him standing by the vending machines by the second stairwell.
"Ryder?" I ask and he turns to me.
"I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me." he says.
"If you had waited, I was gonna tell you why she was dodging you." I say, crossing my arms.
"Oh." Is all Ryder says.
"Yeah. 'Oh' is right. Now, the reason that she's dodging you is that she's scared." I say and he turns to me.
"She's scared of me?" he asks and I shake my head.
"No. She's scared of how far you guys got the other day." I say.
"She told you guys about that?" Ryder questioned and I nodded.
"We all tell each other everything." I say.
"Well, that's just great." Ryder deadpans and I roll my eyes.
"Look, you wanted to know. And now you do." I say and he nods. "Thanks, Avy." He says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*the next day*

~•*~

"You look amazing!" Alexia exclaims and I turn from side-to-side in the full length mirror.
"You think?" I ask, still not fully convinced.
"Honey, I know." Alexia adds cockily.
"Alexia's right. You look great." Emma adds.
I bite my lip and Emma exclaims. "Don't bite it! You'll ruin your make up!"
I roll my eyes but I can't help but smile. The door bell rings and I look over the clock which reads 5 on the dot.
"At least he's on time." Alexia says as she heads downstairs and Emma then turns to me.
"Try not to get the clothes too dirty." She says, winking.
"I won't. And thanks, Emma." I say.
"You're welcome. Now, go on your date." She says, laughing. I give her a quick hug and head downstairs. I fix Alexia's cardigan and pull Emma's dress down.

I go down the hall and see Josh, dressed up in jogger khakis and a sky blue and white stripped shirt with white Vans. The sight of Josh alone makes me swoon but seeing him dressed up practically makes me faint.
"Damnnnnnnn Daniel. Back at it again with the white Vans." I say laughing.
Josh rolls his eyes but I see the laughter in them.
"You kids be good now, you hear?" Alexia teases, as Josh and I make our way to his driveway, where his car sits and Josh flicks her off. "Bring her back by midnight!" She adds.
"I'm so thug, I'll bring her back at 11:59!" He exclaims and I slap his arm, laughing. He opens the door for me and I smile at him. He runs over to his side and opens the door, finally turning on the car. Music quickly fills the car and I can't help but ask what's the name.
"It's 'Tear In My Heart' by Twenty One Pilots." Josh says.
"I like it." I say as he turns up the volume and I look out the window. After a while, he finally parks the car and gets out of the car, without opening my door this time. I raise my eyebrow and open the door, quickly following him through the door. After a moment, we're finally seated and we order our food.

I look around, waiting for the food to show up. We were at Red Lobster, and Josh was typing away at his phone. I sit back in my chair, not caring anymore if I looked like I was bored. He laughs at something and I squirm in my seat. I stand up and Josh looks up.
"Where you off to?" He asks me.
"Bathroom, wanna come?" I ask sarcastically.
"Well, if you're offering.." He drifts off, smirking.
I roll my eyes and walk away. Once I'm in the bathroom, I take out my phone and dial Emma.

"Hello? Avery, what's wrong?" Emma answers.
"Could you come pick me up? This date is horrible and I just wanna go home." I say, my voice cracking a bit.
"I'll do as we used to. The 'emergency' phone call." Emma says and I quickly thank her, ending the call.

As I leave the bathroom, I see Josh talking to a waitress. At first, this doesn't bother me but then, she takes his phone and types away. She just gave him her number. Great. I walk to the table as of nothing happened and the waitress leaves. I take a sip of my drink and then my phone rings.

"Hello?" I ask, suddenly remember our entire script.
"Pizza." Emma says.
"Are you okay?" I ask, my concern sounds real.
"Unicorns." She says.
"Wait, now? Yeah, I'm at Red Lobster. I'll see you in a bit." I say. Josh turns to look at me and raises his eyebrow. "What's wrong?" he asks.
"It was something with Emma. She needs my help and well, she's coming to pick me up. I'm so sorry, but I have to go." I say.
"Yeah, it's fine. I'll text you later?" Josh says and I nod.
Emma texts me and I walk out the restaurant.
"How bad was it?" Emma asks me as we begin to pull away.
"Don't wanna talk about it. But, thank you for coming to my rescue." I say and she nods.
"What are friends for?" Emma says.