"NEW YEAR, NEW ME"

&& i swear, I love these covers you guys are making!

*Josh's POV*

~•~

Today was New Years Eve and we were all going to a party. I wasn't very much in a mood to go but it beat staying at home by myself. James had gotten permission to spend the night over at Will's and I'd rather get dragged to a party than be home alone. The party location was still unknown to me and when I asked Avery, she didn't know either.

"We would go and get murdered!" I said and Avery laughed.
"C'mon! Give our friends more credit. They'd be more creative than that." Avery points out and I nod.
"You right, kid." I say.

There's a sudden knock on my door and I get up from the couch to open it. The cold air bites at my skin and I stare at Riley.

"What do you want? I told you to get the hell out this state." I say.
"Well, that's no way to greet your friend." Riley pouts and pushes past me.
"You're not my friend." I tell her, closing the door.
"Fine. Deny our history. But don't forget, we have history." Riley points.
"I'll deny and try hard to forget it." I smile.
"Don't try to out - bitch me." Riley scowls and sits down on the couch.
"What are you really doing here?" I ask her.
"Hmm, visiting someone." Riley says.
"Well, I'd say that I enjoyed your visit but I didn't, so." I say.
"I never said I was coming to visit you. You were just a pit stop." Riley smirks and I roll my eyes.
"Goodbye, Riley." I say and she waves, walking outside.
I can't help but ask myself who her destination is.

~*~

"Out of all parties going on today, we happen to be at Emma's?" I ask. Marco shrugs and motions to Alexia. Avery stands next to me with an unreadable expression on her face. "Let's just go." Avery says and she steps towards the direction of the house. I shrug and follow her towards the house. The closer we get to the house, the louder the music got. I could barely make out Bryson Triller's "Don't."

"We shouldn't be coming here." I say and Avery pretends not to hear me. I sigh in defeat and follow her up the Spanish Steps type of replica. The music gets louder now and I see already drunk teens, lingering outside and some that are smoking. My fingers twitch at the sight of the joint and I feel an unwanted need to smoke.

You gave it up, remember Josh? You're better than this, better than that Josh. I repeat this is my head as we pass by them and go inside the house.

I guess the house would've been nice on regular occasions but no. Today was New Year's Eve and by the way the house was looking, Emma would need lots of help cleaning up. All hired help since I doubt she has any friends now. Avery walked through the house as easily as se walked through her house, and I guess in a way, this was like her second home.

We head into a huge kitchen, where alcohol is littering every surface of the kitchen counters. I grab 7 cups and pass them out. "To a new year." I say and we clink our plastic cups. As I sip my drink, I see a flash of read hair, quickly slipping out if the kitchen. I drown the rest of my drink and leave the cup on the counter. "I'll be right back." I tell Avery and give her a quick kiss on the cheek.

I go out into the living room and follow the redhead to a dead end hallway. "Riley." I say and she turns around.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

*Avery's POV*

~*~

"Avery." I hear and I turn around to find Emma. I smile politely, because I was brought up right.
"Emma." I say.
"Could we talk, please?" Emma pleads, her green eyes sad.
"Okay. You wanna talk, let's talk." I say and I follow her through the crowds and into her fathers study. The sound is now muffled.

"Okay. Talk." I say and I lean on her father's desk.
"This isn't easy to say. But... I'm pregnant." Emma says. The entire world stops around me and I feel the ground collapse under me.
"Is it Dylan's?" I ask her and she nods.
"I was late this month and I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive." Emma explains.

"Why are you telling me this, Emma? Like, in all seriousness. You should be telling Dylan about this." I say, trying my best to hold in every nasty comment that is running through my mind at this moment.
"I don't want him to know. He ruined our friendship." Emma says and I can't help but laugh at this.
"You did too, Emma. It takes two to tango; and you guys did more than just dance." I point out.

"I need your help, Avery." Emma says and I look at her.
"No, I don't care if that child is yours and Dylan's. You're not aborting it." I say and she shakes her head.
"I've already decided I want to keep it. I just, I don't know how to tell my parents." Emma says and I relax somewhat. "They'll probably disown you." I say and we smile.

That was an inside joke of ours, anytime Emma did something bad; which was often, we said her parents would disown her if they ever found out.
"It wouldn't be that bad this time. I'm seeing someone..." Emma said with caution. My smile slowly fades and I ask "Dylan?" Emma quickly shakes her head. "No, actually. It's-" Emma says.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

*Josh's POV... Again*

/-\

"You're seeing Emma?" I ask, surprised.
"Well! Don't look so shocked, Josh. Really, you should've seen it coming. Two girls that sleep around with everyone end up being lesbian and going out." Riley says and tosses her red hair over her shoulder.
"I mean, I guess you're right but it's still shocking to find out about." I say and Riley shrugs.
"Maybe so. But at least now, we're both happy. We're genuinely happy." Riley says.
"That's good, then." I say.
My phone buzzes in my pocket and I take it out.
"You're girlfriend's pretty cute. Is that her?" Riley says and I glare at her.

Avery👑 - it's almost midnight, where ya at? 👀

Joshie😊 - on my way, where you at?👀

Avery👑 - living room, here with Emma.........

Joshie😊 - are you guys good, now?

Avery👑 - i dunno, i'm working towards forgiving her but it'll be a new year, in a couple minutes (!!!!!!!) and you've heard the saying, "new year, new me" , so maybe I'll forgive her. I'm working on forgiving you...

I walk towards Avery now and I hug her tightly, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" everyone screams and I pull Avery into a kiss. "Happy New Year baby girl." I say and she giggles, kissing me once again.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

a.n : about time for an update, am i right? so sorry for this month late update but i think it was worth it. hella plot twist, i swear.