Diamonds At Christmas

*Avery's POV*

~*~

Christmas morning was off to a pretty lonely start. My mom was nowhere to be found and well, I woke up at around 10:30. I went downstairs and found a couple presents under our tree. I sat by myself and started unwrapping the presents. In one box, it held a three new pairs of jeans. One black, one white and one denim. I opened up a bigger, much bigger box and found a black Chanel bag. "Oh my god," I say, tears in my eyes. The bag was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen in my life. And I've seen Ansel Elgort in shirtless pictures.

I open another present to reveal an iPhone 6s, in pink. "My God!" I squeal like a 6 year old. The rest were clothes, shoes, undergarments from Victoria's Secret, perfume and lotions from Bath and Body Works, and I even got a new skateboard. I hurry up and put all my stuff nearly organized and then settle down to watch the Vampire Diaries. Sadly, I was still on season 1, and was fangirling over how Elena and Stefan finally got back together when a text enters my iPhone 5.

Joshie😊 - meet me outside, i have a surprise for you.

I smile and run up the stairs and quickly change from shorts and a tank top to jeans and an oversized sweater with some UGG boots. I grab the bag that contains Josh's present and head downstairs and pass the mirror. "MY HAIR!" I exclaim. My hair was looking like a birds nest, and I almost cried. I pulled my hair into messy bun and walked outside. The cold air hit my face and I practically flinched. I meet Josh halfway, near the tree where I had snuck over to ; that caused me to get grounded a while back.

"Merry Christmas!" I exclaim as I get closer to him and pull him into a tight hug. "Merry Christmas to you too." He says, laughing. "Here, this is for you." I say, handing him the bag. He takes the bag from me and takes out the leather jacket I got for him. His jaw drops and he turns it to the back, where it has the logo of Guns N' Roses. "Avery," he says softly. I blush, and murmur "It was nothing, really." He pulls me into a tight hug and kisses my forehead. My forehead. He kisses my forehead. The hell? I'm pretty sure that it was kiss on the lips , worthy.

He places it back in the bag and sets it on the ground. He starts to reach into his pocket but then he smirks. "Close your eyes." He orders. "What?" I ask. "Close. Your. Eyes." He says now, more sternly, and in a voice that makes my knees weak. I roll my eyes but obey. I hug myself, as if trying to protect myself from the cold. After a couple moments, he says "Alright, open them." I open my eyes and there he stands, with a black box in his hands. "Wha, what is that?" I stammer. "What? This old thing?" He teases and I smile. "Merry Christmas, Avery." He says and hands me the box. I open it up to find the most beautiful necklace I'd ever seen. I gasp an nearly drop the box. "Josh," I whisper, not knowing what to say.

He takes the box away from my hands and takes out the necklace, motioning me to turn around. I turn and shiver as he clasps the necklace and his fingers brush against my bare skin. "This will be a reminder that you'll always have my heart." Josh says and I smile. "Thank you, Josh. I love it." I say, tears stinging in the back of my eyes. "Aw, don't cry." He says, starting to panic. "Sorry, sorry." I say, laughing. He tilts my head up to look at him and slowly, like, really slowly, brings his lips to mine. I swear, he's going at half the speed a snail goes. After a couple more seconds, I can't take it anymore. I crash my lips into his and pull him close to me.

I was no longer worried about the cold or anything like that. All I knew was that I was with Josh and nothing else mattered. Josh then pulls away and keeps his forehead against mine. "Now, I know the school's having a winter formal this Saturday. I was wondering, if you wanted to go, with me?" Josh says nervously. My eyes widen in surprise. "You don't seem like the type to go to school dances." I point out. "I want to make your senior year special." Josh says and I smile. "I'd love you go with you."

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

t b h ; the next chapter is going to be amazing! I already have everything planned and squeeeeeeeee! I can't wait , you guys are going to love it .... maybe.