Devil May Cry

*Josh's POV*

~*~

Seeing Avery made me forget the real reason why I was in California, even if it was just for a moment. Her taxi is finally out of veiw and I hear someone say "Young love is just beautiful." I turn around to find an old couple. "Takes you back, eh Claudie?" The man says. "Oh, George." She chuckles softly. "How long have you and your girl been together?" the man, George, asks me. "Oh, me and her aren't together." I fumble. "You should. You would make a lovely couple." He says. "George!" Claudie, Claude, I assume, scolds him.

I turn bright red and George chuckles. "I'm just pointing out something that seems pretty obvious." He shrugs. A taxi finally comes and the driver puts my suitcase in the trunk. "Well, it was a pleassure meeting you." I reply polietly. "Same to you...?" Claude drifts off and I say "Josh." Claude raises her eyebrows and I sigh. "Joshua, ma'am." I say. She smiles and nods and with a wave good bye, I hop into the taxi.

My phone buzzes and I see it's a text from Riley.

Riley💀 - hope your flight was okay, they're flushing the drugs out of Jefferey's system as I type this out, and well, guess I'll see you soon.

I sigh and lock my phone. 'Why Jefferey? Why?' I can't help but think. "Where to?" the driver asks me. "Uh, 5416 Candlelight." I said. "That's kinda far, you got the cash?" the driver asks me. "The cash isn't a problem." I say. The driver looks unconvinced but drives anway. "Well, get ready for a long ride." He says and I nod. The familiar California scenes go by out the window and I fall asleep to memories that haunt me.

I stand patiently outside Ava's classroom. The door finally opens and students file out. School's finally over and I was killing for a joint. "Joshhh!" Someone exclaims and I look up and Ava comes running towards me and jumps into my arms. I hold her tight and bury my face in her hair. "Why aren't you with Jefferey and them?" Ava asks me. "Because how could I not be with my favorite girl?" I say. Ava's face breaks off into a huge grin and we walk down the hall together. "So this weekend. My parents are out of town... again and I was hopeing you would come over." I say, and I kiss her cheek quickly.

"I dunno, Josh. Is James gonna be there?" She asks, biting her lip. "Nope, he wants to stay over with my aunt. We'll have the whole house to ourselves. " I say cheekily. "Josh, are you asking me over because you want to have sex with me?" Ava asks bluntly. "I was hopeing that would happen." I reply. "Josh," Ava sighs. "Ava," I mock. "Josh, I'm serious. You know I want to wait until marriage." Ava replies. I groan. "Okay, okay. You're right. I'm sorry." I say and Ava frowns. "Well, anyways, I had plans with my parents, so it's not like I could go either way." She says. "Tease." I smirk. Ava laughs and kisses me quickly. "I gotta go, but I'll call you, okay?" Ava says and I nod. As I walk over to my car, my phone buzzes.

Rileyy- What are the plans for this weekend, cute ass? xxx

Josh👅- Parents gone for the weekend again, wanna cone over?

Rileyy- Is that even a question. See ya in fifteen xxx

I sigh. Sure , maybe screwing my girlfriend's best friend isn't my smartest move but it's a move...

"Kid!" the driver exclaims and I wake up. "Oh, sorry. how much will it be?" I ask. "$115.00" he sighs. I shrug and give him $120. "Keep the change." I say and look up at home sweet home. I walk up the drive way and just as I'm about to knock, the door flies open. "Joshua! Is that you?!" I hear someone exclaim. "Yes, Nana." I reply. "Oh, my. Josh!" My nana exclaims and wraps her arms around me. "Did you get taller?!" She says and looks up at me. "You did! What are you doing back in California?" Nana says. "Just visiting." I say and we walk into the house together.

"Is James with you?" Nana asks me. "No, Nana. He's back in North Carolina." I reply. "Well, why your parents moved you to that state, I will never know. You have roots all over the place. England, Chicago, Miami, New York." My Nana sighs. "It's not that bad." I say, feeling somewhat protective about my other home. Immediately, Avery's face pops into mind and I shake it away. Nana shrugs and says "Well, are you hungry? I can make you something to eat." I shake my head. "No thanks, Nana." She shrugs again and pats my cheek, "Well, suit yourself. I did miss you, Josh." I smile. "I know Nana. I missed you too."

I grab my suitcase and go up to the second floor and head down the hall to my bedroom. I open the door and turn on the lights. It looks exactly how I left it. Having two copies of every single favorite book I have, is pretty convinent. I stare at the mini fridge and cautionaly open it. I wince as I see the mini bottles of sky vodka and Corona's. I slam it shut and sigh. I wanna get rid of the bad influences in my life, but that would mean cutting off almost everyone in my life...

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

A/N: hey guys! happy sunday... again! hope you liked the chapter and well, who starts school soon? I start August 24th :(