Winter Nightmare

this chapter will be with Josh and Avery's POV, bc why not. & I really wanted to write it in Avery's POV, yayyyy

dedicated to @hemmingssbutterfly for the amazing cover 💗💗

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

*Josh's POV*

~*~

The day of winter formal, I was a nervous wreck. I'd never gone to a school dance before so this was pretty exciting yet nerve racking. I had an old Armani suit in my closet and I sighed in relief when I tried it on and it happened to fit. James walks into my room and raises his eyebrows. "Why do you have on the suit you wore to Ava's funeral on?" James asks me. "I'm going to the school dance with Avery." I said and began taking off my clothes. "So you're taking your current girlfriend to a school dance while wearing the suit you wore to your old girlfriend's funeral? Smart move." James says.

I glare at him and he holds his hands up in surrender. "Just saying." He says and I shake my head. "Hey, can Will come over?" James asks me and I shrug. "I guess but I'm not gonna be home." I say. "I know. That's why I'm asking." He says and I laugh. "Why are you laughing? I'm dead serious." James says. "Sure, he can come over." I say, giving in. "Yes!" James exclaims, finally sounding like the 12 year old boy that he is.

I shake my head and text Marco and Ryder, asking if they're going to the dance.

Marco🍀 - dunno yet, since i got no girl.

Ryder🌚- hellllllllllllllllllllllllllll yes. i finally got Kendell to give me a chance.

Josh🙇- bout time 😂 & c'mon Mo, please come.

Marco🍀 - fine, fine. I'll go with my single self. you owe me for this.

Josh🙇 - can we go out to eat first?

Ryder🌚 - sure, where tho?

Marco🍀 - Texas Roadhouse ? Applebee's ? Red Robin ? McDonald's ? 😂😭

Ryder🌚 - chill kid, i wanna make a good impression on Kendell.

Josh🙇 - lmao same, what's Texas Roadhouse ?

Ryder🌚 - its this steakhouse , its really good and try serve other things besides steak

Josh🙇 - sold, what time? & where.

Marco🍀 - google it and 6:30?

Ryder🌚 - I'll text you the address later and yeah, sounds good to me.

I throw my fist in the air like at the end of the Breakfast Club and walk into the kitchen. "I want some food!" I exclaim and James comes inside the house, followed by a boy just a little taller than him with brown eyes and brown hair flopped to the side. "Josh, Will. Will, Josh. Okay, bye." James said and Will stayed back. "I like your shirt." He says simply and then follows James up the stairs. I looked down at my Nirvana t-shirt and smiled slightly.

Around 5:30, I finally decide to jump into the shower and start getting ready. The formal would start around 7 and us guys wanted to go out to eat with our dates... Or with Marco's case, just with friends. Since I had taken out my lip ring a while ago, the hole was finally closed up. My phone buzzes and it's a text from Avery.

Avery👑 - cutieeeeee, i'm at Alexia's house getting ready so come pick me up here.

Joshie😊 - kayy, bet you look amazing, as always.