Birthday's Suck

*Josh's POV*

~*~

My alarm starts beeping like crazy the morning of my birthday and I groan, shutting it off. I guess I'm supposed to feel different, I mean, I'm finally 18. But I don't feel different at all. I just want to get this day over with as soon as possible already, and it's barely even started. My bedroom door bangs open and someone jumps on top of me. "Oomph!" I exclaim and James's laugh sounds loud in my empty room. "Happy Birthday!" James exclaims.

I sit up and ruffle his hair, making sure I mess it up. "Thanks, Jamie." I tease. He glares at me and punches me in the arm. Since the little kid played lacrosse, he was kinda strong; so his punch didn't hurt but it did sting. "What time does your bus come?" I ask, standing up and putting on a pair of black jeans. "6:15." James says and I look at the time on my phone. 6:30. "Like big brother, like little brother." I say and we laugh.

"Hurry up and get ready. That way we an go to McDonald's for breakfast and then I'll drop you off and then I can get some Starbucks and then get to school." I say and James raises his eyebrows. "How 'bout we go to McDonald's then Starbucks and then you can drop me off at school and then you can go." James says and I laugh. "Okay, okay. But if you don't hurry up, I'll do the first one." I threaten and James holds his hands up in surrender and run out my room.

I laugh quietly to myself and take off my jeans and put on some blacks and grey joggers. I pull on a grey shirt and a black hoodie with some grey and black Vans. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth and fix my hair. I grab my car keys and phone and rush the stairs. When I get to the living room to grab my book-bag, James already there, waiting. "What took you so long?" James asks me, teasingly.

"C'mon." Is all I say and he laughs, and we make our way to the garage, where my newly fixed car was sitting. "You sure you're okay to drive, old man?" James teases. "Very funny. Get in the car." I say and unlock it. The car alarm chirps and I open then door. I plug in my phone to it's hook up and start scrolling through the songs as James get's in, and buckled his seatbelt. "You sure you're tall enough to ride in the front?" I say, teasing him about his height. "Screw you." James says. I laugh and All Time Low's "Lost In Stereo." start playing as I procced driving to the nearest McDonald's.

~*~

I get to school, barely on time and rush to my locker. As I get closer to it, I notice that it's covered in small balloons and confetti type stuff. "Happy Birthday!" is spelled out in black and blue construction paper. I can't help but smile at this thoughtfulness and start planning what to say to Avery next time I see her. Someone covers my eyes and I laugh. "Avery!" I exclaim. "Are you cheating on me!? With Avery of all people?!" someone exclaims. Definitely not Avery.

I step away from the person and find everyone there. Marco, Ryder right behind me, Avery, Alexia, Brittney, and Kendell. "You guys." I say, smiling. "You sound like Avery when we call her short." Marco snorts. "I'm not short!" Avery exclaims, pouting. I laugh. "Seriously though. Thanks, I mean it." I say, smiling. "Don't thank us, it was Avery's idea." Alexia says. I look Avery, who's shying away and I pull her towards me and give her a kiss on the lips; in front of everyone there.

"Avery, I love you. It doesn't matter who knows it and I don't even care. You're the best thing that's come into my life in a long time and I just can't let that not be a part of my life. Avery, do me the biggest wish for my birthday and just be mine." I say, pulling away. "Aww!" the girls exclaim and the boys pretend to vomit. But I ignore all that, and just focus on Avery.

Her lips part in shock and her eyes are teary-eyed. Everything goes quiet for a moment and I can hear my heart beating and Avery's eyes are the only thing keeping me from basically falling out onto the floor. She parts her lips and so quietly says one simple word. "Yes." I feel a breathe of relief and I smile so hard, I take her face in between in my hands and kiss her. "Thank you for the best birthday possible." I say.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

A.n / another update Thursday! Happy Monday!