The Move

*Josh's POV*

I look up to see a piece of crap house. It looks older than someone's grandma.

With a sigh, I opened the door and got out. I can't belive my parents made us move from California to North Fucking Carolina.

When I asked my mom why we had to move, she said "Because I want to connect with my roots." And then I said "Well, just go to ancestory.com!"

She rolled her eyes and continued to talk about all the great stuff there. Yeah, right. People there probably died of bordeom. There are a lot of cementary's there, so it made sense.

My little brother was actually happy about the move. Da fuck?

Loser much? I, on the other hand, was pissed the fuck off. All my friends were back there and it took along time to build up my reputation.

I guess it was good to start over.

~*~

After my parents left to go food shopping, I went up to my room and put my ear buds on. I went to my most played playlist and clicked on "Centuries" by Fall Out Boy.

Now that was the shit.

I looked at my clock and it read 2:30. I guess high school and middle school was out by now?

I hear the door open and a couple voices.

"JOSH!!!!!" I hear and I quickly get up and head dowstairs.

'What the fuck happened?' I think as I head downstairs.

When I get down, I see a girl around my age. She was wearing a jean skirt, graphic tee and Vans.

I look down at my little brother "What did I tell you about opening doors for people you don't know James?" I ask him.

All James does is shrug and walks away.

"Who are you?" I ask the chick.

"I'm Avery. I live right next door and my mom asked me to bring you this." She guestures to a muffin basket. A fucking muffin basket. Great, it's one of those neighborhoods.

I raise an eyebrow and take the fucking basket from her. "Thanks, I guess." I say.

"And if you ever need anything just knock on our door." She said. "Thanks but no thanks. We're good. We don't need any help." I said and wih that, I slammed the door in her face.

I looked at the muffin basket and saw a chocolate muffin. "Ohh, chocolate." I said and took a bite out of it.

This place might be boring as hell, but it sure had some good as fuck muffins.