05

Izzy was in the monitor room waiting for Jace and Clary to arrive.

"Well it's really good to see you finally arrived."  Izzy said smiling at her brother and friend.

"Why did you called Izzy? It sounded pretty urgent." Jace said.

"It is important. The Envoy of the Clave arrived and she wanted to see Clary. She put all the Institute to search for you two. In the mean time a new experiment of Valentine attacked the institute and Alec got hurt in the fight. The envoy succeeded to kill it and took care of everything." Izzy explained.

"Well sorry to disappoint your so big envoy, but I don't want to help him. Simon is somewhere out there scary of what he is now." Clary said.

"I agree with Clary. The meeting with he envoy can wait. And I won't let any man or boy get to Clary and start to monitor her 24/7." Jace said.

"First, the envoy is a she. And she is like Alec's age. Second, she is Anabella Herondale, grand daughter of the Inquisitor from Idris, so if you still want your runes on, I think is better for Clary to meet with her. And third, I saw how she fight, she is a deadly machine on heels, and she took almost on her own a forsaken down. So if you still want your tongues and fingers where they are I think is better to do what you are told to do." Izzy said walking to search for Alec.

While the three friends were having the conversation, a shadowhunters saw that Jace and Clary returned so he went to tell it to the head of the institute. Anabella was in her office trying to contact the Institute from London to see how the situation is there since she left. Then, her door burst open. 

Anabella looked at the boy and furrowed her eyebrows. "You people need to learn how to knock at doors and not burst in like thieves." Anabella said.

"I am sorry Miss Herondale, but I have important news to report." The boy said.

"Raja, was it?" Anabella asked looking skeptical at the shadowhunter before her. He nodded. "Go on then." Anabella said.

"Clarry Fairchild and Jace Wayland returned to the Institute." Raja said.

"WHAT?!" Anabella yelled and burst out of her office with Raja following her. "Where are they?" Anabella asked.

"The monitor room." Raja said.

"Good." As she said that she started to run to the monitor room. When she got to the stairs she saw a redhead girl taking to Jace Wayland.

"Clary Fairlchild." Anabella said with a stern look.

The redhead girl and the blonde boy turned to the stairs and saw the blonde girl. Anabella stepped confident like a lioness to the couple. 

"Well if it isn't Valentine daughter. You surely look a lot like your mother." Anabella said examining the girl's features.

"Don't even dare talk about my mother." Clary started.

"I didn't said anything bad, did I? It was a compliment. A lot of girls like when they are told that they really look like their mothers." Anabella said looking at the crowd that started to gather around them, and then finishing at Clary. Her face shows worry. Anabella's eyes were fixed on the girl. "But perhaps....." Anabella paused "you would like to say that you are more like your father?" Anabella asked.

In a second everybody's eyes where on the two girls. Anabella looked at Clary and saw how she frowned. "Now, tell me. Where were you two?" Anabella asked. Neither Clary, nor Jace answered. Anabella started to get impatient and frowned. "I am not gonna ask twice!" She said in her stern voice.

"Don't punish Clary. We were out on my watch. If someone should be punished that should be me." Jace stood in front trying to make the hero of the story.