29

Anna, Alec, Magnus and Izzy walked to a table in the monitor room with Lydia.

"Any word from the Clave?" Izzy asked.

"Not yet and we've been trying for the past four hours." Lydia informed. "Something is up." 

"Hmm the Clave being unhelpful? Who's shocked? Raise your hand." Magnus said sarcastic and looked around.

Anna shook her head as she looked at the map on the table. "Not helping Mags." 

"I'm worried. I can't sense Jace through our parabati bond" Alec said worried.

Anna looked at him and got closer. She snaked one arm along with one of his and with her other hand caressed his arm in comfort.

"We are going to find him. I promise." Anna whispered and kissed his shoulder.

"When we arrested Hodge he said Valentine was on a ship." Izzy informed.

"That explains why Alec can't sense him." Anna concluded.

"Pull up all the waterways around New York." Lydia said as Izzy typed and then she pulled the 3D model.

"It can't go too far." Izzy said looking at the map.

"Anything?" Alec asked looking at Magnus.

"Sorry." Magnus said giving Alec one of Jace's t-shirts.

"There need to be something." Alec said frustrated.

"Hey. It's going to be ok." Anna said trying to make Alec feel better but he didn't even looked at her and just looked at the map frowning.

"All right, listen up!" Alec said turning to everybody. "I want 24/7 monitoring of the Hudson and East Rivers. If you see anything unusual, you come to me first." 

"I've got this Alec." Lydia said trying to assure him.

"Then why haven't you found my brother?" Alec snapped.

"Don't forget who you are talking to." Lydia warned. "I am still head of the Institution." 

"And my brother is still missing." Alec said raising his voice.

"Hey Alec." Anna said softly getting between them. "Let's get a break ok?" Anna suggested smiling a little.

"Not now Anna!" Alec yelled and Anna got a little startled.

Magnus saw it and got closer to them

"No Alec! Anabella is right. You are dismissed." Lydia said returning to the map.

Alec just started to walk away angry. Anna grabbed his arm. "Alec..." 

"Leave me alone Anna." Alec said pulling his arm from Anna's grip and walked away.

"Just let him cool off. He will come to his senses." Magnus said putting an hand on her shoulder.

Anna shrugged and walked to the rooftop. She found Alec there walking back and forth. 

"Hey." Anna said getting closer to him.

Alec looked at her and frowned. "Why are you here?" 

"I came to see how are you doing." Anna answered as she sit on a bench.

"I would have been feeling great if you tried to at least defend me in front of Lydia!" Alec yelled at Anna.

"Excuse me?" Anna asked confused.

"I am going crazy because my parabati is missing and I am trying to find him while Lydia is just doing nothing to find him. And when she wants for me to back off from the mission you do nothing to stop her." Alec said.