15

Anabella's pov:

I was walking in a garden. I was wearing a beautiful long baby blue dress. My hair was down, in it's straight state. I walked until I noticed I was in front of the Idris Institute.

"How do I get in Idris? And where is everybody?" I asked as I looked around me.

Nobody was in the garden and neither around the Institute. Strange. I walked on the stairs looking at the building. I haven't been here for almost 6 years. I wonder how many things changed.

I pushed the massive doors and was greeted with silence. Th rooms were empty, the hallways too. That was strange. Usually ,the Institute would be really busy. I walked on the hallways, then I heard a voice.

The voice was calm, melodious. I felt myself being pulled by it. I tried to go against it, but when I turned to walk away to the exit I was greeted by a stone wall. Soon I saw that I had no other choice than to follow the voice.

I felt myself being calmer than before, the voice making me feel safe and protected. I soon realized where I was heading. My bedroom. The strange thing was that, instead of a door, there was a human sized picture of myself.

From the way I looked I could tell I was like 8 years old. I tried to touch it, but my hand went right through it. I pulled away from the picture and looked behind me. A colind grey wall was in my back. I turned my attention to the picture to look at it.

I couldn't believe it but the dress I was wearing in that picture was the dress I was wearing now. In the picture I had my hair braid in a way that resembled a crown. In my hands was a toy, or a box?

I got curious about the photo with every second that passed. I never remembered taking this picture, not seeing it anywhere in the Institute, especially the green little box I was holding in my hands.

I gathered all my courage and stepped in the picture. When I opened my eyes what I saw was incredible. My past self was before. She was smiling kindly and looked at me with curious eyes.

I remembered that I was always getting in trouble because of my curiosity, just because I wanted to know more so I can help. Suddenly we both heard a voice.

"Come on Anna! Let's explore!" A little boy, with light brown hair and beautiful blue eyes said. Erik. I haven't seen him since I was 15.

"I am coming! I am coming! Geez. Keep it down, or else we will get caught." My last self said that.

I looked at them. They were smiling. They were young. They had nothing to worry about. The started to laugh and I saw my past self dragging Erik after her. I started to follow them and I saw that they were heading to my grandma's office.

"Stay here and tell me if someone is coming." My past self whispered to Erik as she went in.

I followed her in. She started to search in the drawers and the cabinets. Finally she pulled a drawer and smiled. I looked at the box. As I looked closed I saw that it was a music box and it was decorated with a strange symbol. A full moon in the middle and two half moones on either side of the main one.

My past side played the music box. The song was the same I heard sang by the unknown voice. In the inside of the box were two figures. A beautiful girl and an handsome boy. The girl was resting her forehead on the boy's one and they were holding hands.

As the music was playing the pair was spinning. Slowly.i suddenly heard steps coming closer. Heels. I frowned. Why isn't Erik here to warn myself about the intruder?

I heard the heels starting to get louder and louder as the person got closer and closer. I turned my attention at my past self and I saw her shaking under the desk, hugging tight the little box to her chest.