41

His green eyes stared at you, amused, cunning.

In his hand there were banknotes, he was counting them and then shaking hands with one of the men in the white lab coats.

He watched as you screamed, as they took you away to that mysterious laboratory, and the worst was yet to come.

Each day at the Lab soon became the same, injections after injection, test after test, to find ways to better your quirk, so that it wouldn't affect you. Slowly brainwashing you into a perfect weapon for Kei.

And then you remembered the screams, the blood, and the pain, There was so much pain surrounding you, everywhere you went.

You could see them so clearly, the look in the eyes of the people you were forced to use as test subjects, who fell victim to your quirk, your blood bending.

You watched how their face contorted, knowing they felt their veins on fire, every drop of water in their body controlled by your hands, by you. Their tears slowly falling down their cheeks, eyes wide and bloodshot, slowly going hazy until losing all life. You watched as their bodies collapsed to the floor, and yours followed soon after.

When you'd wake up the white hospital-like lights blinded you, before you even had time to process what happened you found yourself back in the same routine. Strapped to the same chair.

The only difference was the chemical in your body that day.

--

The nightmares came back, just as vivid as always.

You woke up panting and shuffled to the bathroom but this time you were staying at Aizawa's, who refused to leave you alone until he was sure you were better, and that the night terrors stopped.

He would stop you before you could do anything and help you calm down until you were able to think straight. Breathe again. And then you would talk.

Well, he would force you to tell him about the dream as part of your whole controlling your emotions, therapy, intervention thing, you weren't sure what to call it.

On the following Monday you watched as he forced himself to leave to work, his eyebags worse than usual and his iconic frowning face.

Not that you were proud or happy about being suspended for 3 days after what happed at the festival but you really did need a break in order to compose yourself, assess the situation, and get over it.

Try to get over it.

But the break didn't really help you regain your strengths, in fact, you barely slept because of the dreams.

The overthinking was going to be the main problem, not only about the whole Momo and Todoroki situation, but also your relationship with Bakugou. Since the fight you had, where he left you crouched down on the grass crying until there were no more tears coming out, you kept thinking about your words.

Every day that passed you replayed the conversation in your head, the hateful things you said, regretting more and more the sentences that came out of your mouth.

Deep down you convinced yourself that when you were finally going back to UA to continue with classes everything was going to be back to normal.

But it wasn't.

When you walked to UA that morning Bakugou wasn't waiting at the usual meet up spot so that you could walk together.

In class you were greeted by Mina and Deku and a bunch of other classmates as if nothing happened, they asked you how you were doing and all was well.