Chapter 29

As Alex and Hannah approached the table, the two of them split up and went to different ends of the table. Sherri looked up and over at Lex a large smirk creeping onto her face as her eyes landed on Alexandra, "Yes! I knew that you wanted to do it. Come on lady, give me the sheets and lets get your results and see who your prince charming is." 

Sherri grabs the sheet from the girl and then places it down on the table before she begins to type the answers into the computer so that the machine could do its magic

"So.... who do you think that you are going to get?" Sherri asks Alexandra, a grin creeping on her face even more

"Monty of course, he is perfect for me," Lexi says with a wide smile on her face as she thought about her boyfriend. She looked confident with her answer, though Sherri and Jess on the other hand, seemed to disagree.

The printer began to go off and print out the sheet of paper. Sherri handed the sheet of paper over the table to the short girl and looked at Lex with an excited grin on her face, "so who did  you get?" Sherri asks her quickly

Jess comes up from behind them with a cheeky grin on her face and throws her arm around Alex's shoulder, peering down at the paper, her grin widening, "Oh shit," she said with a laugh as she looked down at the names displayed on the paper and the order that they were in.

Alex allowed her eyes to skim over the words on the page and her eyes widened at the results. Her jaw dropped and she looked up into her best friends eyes with a nervous look on her face

"What? So who did you get?  And tell me the order that you got them in!" Sherri says, worried yet also excited to see what has got her friend so concerned 

"1. Zach Dempsey

2. Jeff Atkins

3. Justin Foley

4. JJ Maybank

5. Montgomery De La Cruz..." Alex trailed off  as she re-read the list again in her head as if it would change the results

"Hey... at least he is on the list right, he might not be the top one but at least he is still on there," Jessica says and tightens her grip on the girls shoulders a little bit in a comforting manner

"Yeah... youre right," Alexandra chokes out softly before shoving the piece of paper deep down into her school bag and then looked around for Hannah, but it seemed that the girl had already left without her.

Lex quickly left the gym, not wanting to worry the boys who would more than likely be waiting for her in the cafeteria. She rounded the corner of the hall and bumped into none other than Hannah Baker.

"Dude, you wil-" Hannah was about to tell her who she had got on her list but then she notices the distressed look on her friends face, she reaches out and grabs the girls wrist but she quickly lets go after noticing the way that Alex flinched

"Hey, Alex whats wrong? Are you okay?" Hannah asks her quickly, her voice laced in concern as her eyes trailed down to the girls wrists, but the sleeves of the flannel shirt (which was Monty's) that she was wearing, made it impossible to see if there was anything on her skin.

"no no... It's fine, I'm fine. I just got the stupid results back for the oh my dollar valentine thing and was just a little shocked at the results that I got, nothing to worry about though," Alex says and gives Hannah a fake smile... she was getting pretty good at that now.

Hannah cracked a small grin, "Oh Alexandra, if youre worried about your results, you shouldn't be. I don't think that the things are very accurate anyways... I wasn't exactly too happy either when I saw who I got, but apparently Marcus Cole got me, and we are going out later tonight," Hannah says, and it was clear that she was trying to hide her excitement, but it was practically bursting at the seams

"Go Hannah! Thats really great... I don't really talk to him that much and I don't really know him but from what I saw he looks like an alright fella. Montgomery hasn't even talked about doing anything tonight and if I'm being completely honest, I'm pretty sure that he fucking forgot about what day it is anyways, the only reason he knows now is because of all the decorations around the school," Alexandra said with a small chuckle as she played with the silver ring on her finger.

The ring was beautiful, it was a silver band with small amythist flowers embedded into it, it had been a birthday present from Montgomery last year

"Yeah the girl that helped put my answers in told me Marcus seemed like a nice guy and she gave me his number," Hannah says with a small grin. She noticed that Alex was no longer paying attention to what she was saying and was now staring off down the hall.

Alex was staring down the hall at Montgomery who was standing with Bryce Walker and Marcus Cole. The three of them were laughing at something while high-fiving

"Yo Lex, get your short ass over here!" Alex turned away from Monty and looked down the other end of the hall where Zach was jogging over to her with a giant grin on his handsome face.

"Hey big Z, whats up?" Alex asked him with a wide grin on her face as he finally made it over to her and began to dig through his pockets. He fumbles around a bit before he finally pulls out a small box

"I got you something Lexie," Zach tells her, his cheeks were a deep crimson colour as he held the box out for her. A look of confusion crossed the girls face but she carefully took the box from the boys hands and opened it, revealing a beautiful necklace.

Her eyes widened and a smile quickly krept onto her face and she threw her arms around him, "aw wow Zach, its beautiful. I love it," she said and then pulled away. 

Zach carefully grabbed the necklace from her hands and gave her a look. She chuckled softly and turned away from him and pulled her hair over her shoulder, allowing the boy to bring the cool metal around her back and then clip it behind her neck.

Goosebumps covered the girls skin as his cool hands brushed against the back of her neck. Zach on the other hand felt his body go giddy at the feeling of her warm skin against his own. She turned to face him again, "thanks Zachy."

Hannah stared at the two of them in total confusion. Hannah knew that Alex was dating the De La Cruz boy but Hannah could see the total and pure happiness in Zach and Alex when they were with each other.

Hannah didn't like Zach Dempsey one bit, but she like Zach and Alex together a lot more than she like Alex and Montgomery, and she couldn't see why the girl was with Montgomery instead of Zach.

Zach looked down at Alex with a bright light in his eyes, and even though Alex didn't notice the look that she was receiving from the boy... everyone else did.