Chapter 80

Lexi walked into the Arcade with a smile on her face as she walked over to the table that was full of familiar faces "hey Alex, hey guys" she says to them all and they all greet her.

Zach quickly stands up and pulls a chair out for her, giving her a smile which she gladly returns then sits down and allows him to push the chair back in for her. He grins happily to himself then he sits back down in his seat which was right next to the seat that he had saved for her the minute he had arrived. 

"Thanks for the present by the way, it was cool" Alex says while giving her a quick smile and nod, which she returns happily. 

The table falls silent and suddenly becomes awkward. They all wait awkwardly, sharing small looks as they waited for one of them to finally speak up. Alex stands up "Im gonna go and play some games or something" Alex says awkwardly and they all nod and watch as he walks off

"hey are you feeling better today?" Lexi asks Zach softly as she leans over and whispers into his ear

"Yeah" He says with a soft smile and the two of them smile at each other
"Oh my god finally! Please tell me that the two of you have finally gotten together" Alex's older brother speaks up from across the table and everyone's eyes widened at his words, the table somehow managing to get even more awkward than it was in the first place. 

"No" Lexi mutters out quickly "I'm still with Monty"

"Oh" peter mutters out quietly, obviously shocked at that news. He, along with many others, believed that Monty was just a phase she would go through in order to rebel and then would finally settle down with Zach... or Jeff. 

He clears his throat awkwardly and then looks over towards his brother and quickly decides to change the subject "uh so tell me the truth. Hows he doing guys?"

"Hes going good. Uh his balance is getting better everyday and so is his strength" Zach
Says

"I mean he is still working on his memory but..." Clay adds in

"but he is doing great" Zach finishes, feeling proud of his friend for how he was recovering. 

"yeah, Zachy has been taking real good care of him the whole time, the two of them have definitely created a great bond" Lexi says with a smile as she looks between Zach and Peter 

"turns out that you only need one hand to whoop your old man at Skee-ball" Bill
Standall says as he pulls out a seat and sits down at the table with them  

Alex comes back, a relatively happy look on his face

"you should have challenged me at Dance dance revolution" Alex says to his dad. Lexi laughs softly and sends a grin over at him, happy to see that the boy kept his homour. 

"thanks Lex" Alex says and glares playfully at everyone else at the table "its my birthday you are meant to laugh at my jokes"

"alright, wings, fries and curly fries" Mrs Standall says and places down a few trays of food in from of them before she then takes a seat next to her husband "burgers will come up when they are ready"

"thanks mum" alex says

"yeah thanks mrs Standall" Lexi says and sends the woman a kind smile

"Alex hunny, its so good to see you, hows your dad going?" Mrs standall asks and everyone at the table except for Alex's family went quiet. 

"he's um, he's good Mrs Standall" Lexi says softly and sends the kind woman a faux grin before picking up a fry and putting it in her mouth, she feels Zach grab her hand from under the table but these pulls her hand out of his, knowing that Montgomery wouldn't smile like it.