35

COY'JAI

My mom was back and wanted to have a small girls night. I hadn't seen her and she said she wanted to sit down and have a drink. Which who knows what was about to happen, part of me wanted to run and hide but I also needed to hear whatever she had to say.

"What Christian!" I said answering my phone "man stop fucking playing with me I ain't do nothing with that girl!" He yelled while I fixed my baby hair "okay can you stop fucking calling me? It's over, I'm straight on you" I said before sitting up and hanging up.

Call after call I had about fifty missed and a million messages, he was crazy to even call saying he didn't do anything with her cause that didn't make any sense at all. I was just overall disgusted luckily for me I didn't pass up on Michael.

"You need to block him" Michael mumbled coming in the bathroom to pee. We had just got back in from getting some food and I was letting him use my car while I went to my moms just incase I was too drunk to drive I was not trying to spend the night and be stuck. I was crazy for letting him drive my car but shit I guess I trusted him to an extent.

"He is blocked he calling off different numbers" I said blocking the number he was calling from, he was right but part of me still wanted to see what Christian had to say.

I slid my jeans off slipping into my favorite cotton leggings and my black heron Preston hoodie.

I was hurt forreal but I wouldn't let Michael see that, deep down all I wanted to do was cry. So going to my moms was what I needed.

I put some moisturizer on my face before rubbing on my dior lip gloss.

"You ready?" I asked coming out the bathroom seeing him laying in the bed on his phone scrolling. "Yeah come on"

Once downstairs I slipped on my ugg slides and we left. I stopped at the liquor store grabbing a bottle of Don Julio before we got there and picked up some weed.

It was only 9 so I knew by 12 I would be ready and I let him know that.

"Hey mama" I smiled sitting the paper bags on the counter along with my phone and wallet.

"Hey girl I missed you!" She said coming around the kitchen counter trying to hug me catching me completely off guard.

"I m-missed you too? What's up how you been?" I asked side hugging her while continuing to take the liquor out the bags.

"Girllll Miami is always fun but I been gone for so long how you holding up? You ok?" She asked and I shrugged before going to wash my hands "I'm cool just trying to keep my sanity" I chuckled. It was always some shit with me I knew for a fact I was the problem.

"Everything a be okay, it always is right?" She said opening the oven "Yeah stuff just be draining I'm tired of living like this I need peace"

"If you want peace, prepare for war" she stated "but when is the war gonna be over?" I asked shit I was tired of fighting "soon as you learn whatever lesson God tryna teach you." She responded

"I know I'm probably the worst mom ever and I'm part of the reason your fucked up and I'm sorry for that I really am Coy but your strong this life shit got its ups and downs! Some people got it easier than others but yo journey is for you, it's yo world don't let people come in yo world fucking it up if anything go to theirs." She said and I just nodded removing the plastic from the bottle. I opened it pouring us both shots in the plastic red cups.

"Its the men forreal they cause me all my problems" I laughed "You better use them for what they worth and don't ignore them red flags. These niggas will park yo ass right in the middle of a mental institution if you let 'em" she said making me laugh cause that's where I was headed.