6

June 19, 2019
Wednesday

"What's up Jai? I ain't seen yo ass in a minute" Ali the owner of the corner store asked me as I moved thru the aisles swiftly finding me some snacks

"I been around Ali!" I yelled making my way to the counter where he scanned my things thru the thick bulletproof glass.

"$11.87"

"Keep the change" I mumbled as he slid the black plastic bag thru the hole where I put my money before bagging my items.

"See you Ali!" She called before hearing him say something slick about her mother.

"Damn Jai yo ass been hiding from us?" AJ one of the guys who worked the corners by my house asked making me roll my eyes.

"Boy ain't nobody hiding from y'all asses" I laughed grabbing my bag of hot lays and opening them and continuing my walk back home.

Summer in Atlanta was something different- you seen all kinds of shit. Why my mama moved from Chicago when I was younger? I don't know probably chasing a dick but I honestly hate it here.

"Did you bring me a pop?" My mom asked opening the screen door while I took a seat on the porch step.

"Here" I mumbled passing her the soda and turned her attention back to what was going on on the block.

"Jai! When yo gone do my makeup? I be seeing yo shit on Instagram you cold bitch" the girl who stayed two doors down from me asked as she pushed her baby in the stroller past my lawn.

"Girl whenever you ready to pay! Just go to my page and book yo appointment" I mumbled before hearing her smack her lips and continued her journey down the block probably to her baby daddy house.

Business was slow for today but wasn't up to do nothing for free.

Ant- u done playing?
Me- lmao boy ain't nobody playing with yo ass. Where my food at?
Ant- man I been tryna get you to go out all week
Me- I be busy in the day you gotta hit me up after 7
Ant- you busy now?

I contemplated on responding before making my way back in the house.

"Ma!" I yelled throwing my chip bag away and sitting the rest of my junk on the counter.

"What girl? I'm upstairs" she yelled while I washed my hands.

"What you finna do?" I asked entering her bedroom where she was packing a suit case.

"Going back to Miami for a few wassup?" She asked while I climbed in her bed.

"Nothing just wanted to spend some time together but since you finna go.. be careful" I said watching her sigh.

"Oh shit we can when I get back I just got a flight to catch" she said making me shrug, I was used to that.

Me- naw I'm not wassup
Ant- Im finna come get u so we can go eat
Me- kk