16

//COY'JAI

I knew I couldn't tell Ant that the nigga I witnessed him murder was my best friends cousin, and I couldn't tell my best friend I basically witnessed her cousin get killed by a nigga I barely even know.

It was eating me up, literally! But I had to play it safe everything I did from this point forward was gone effect my future and if I was going to lose my best friend or my life.

"Girl what you gone do about work? You can't be sitting around not doing shit" my mama said standing in my doorway. About a week ago we had a disagreement about Sarai and she been on my head ever since.

"I don't ask you for money so what's the problem?"

"Bitch cause you living under my roof rent free" I didn't even know why she was coming at me sideways, just lastnight she was asking what she should order from FashionNova now she talking out the side of her neck.

"I know you not tripping bout no money.. you don't even pay rent" I mumbled eyeing her "cause before I pay you anything I'll leave, you coming at me with that nasty attitude like I did something to you!" I added I was fed the fuck up with everything. I was so frustrated I couldn't just pack my stuff up and dip.

"Bye get the fuck out!" She yelled "and don't touch my mothafuckin' car!"

"On the real Shay it be so much bullshit going on" I mumbled while we sat in her bedroom "I told you ignore that shit. You welcomed here you know my granny love her some Coy" she teased grabbing her wine cooler.

I didn't even feel comfortable running to Britt with my problems right now cause she was going through her own shit plus guilt was eating me up still.

"Thank you" I mumbled I was thankful for Shayla because I really didn't have nowhere else to turn. I had a cousin I could probably run to but this was a more peaceful setting, her sisters and brothers were here but I didn't mind them! I'm just thankful Ant ain't gone be popping in on me and I don't have to deal with my mom.

"I'm bouta leave out for work tho' I'm doing a double so I'll see you tomorrow" she said standing up from the bed and going thru her dresser.

"You wanna drop me off?" She asked looking back at me while I crossed my legs.

"Uh no I'll be okay" I said and she nodded. After she got dressed in her scrubs she said goodbye and left out for work.

"Jai I made some corned beef" I heard her grandma yell making me sit up. I stretched and grabbed my phone before leaving out the bedroom.

"You want some cabbage?" She asked as I entered the kitchen "yes please I'll take some of everything" I smiled causing her to chuckle "I'm so sorry Felicia acting like that! I wish her and Shayna a get they shit together" she mumbled referring to Shayla's mom, her daughter.

"Yeah but it is what it is.. at least we know better" I mumbled as she passed me the plate covered in food.

Shayna was just like my mom she was only worst cause she had five kids. I guess back in they day they met stripping at some NBA players birthday party and hit it off, I knew Shayna was part of the reason my mom moved me and my brother to Atlanta from Chicago but I also knew she was either running from something or chasing somebody. Shayna was just like lighter fluid to the fire, she made everything worse.

"Baby it's not okay and I don't want you walking around thinking it is what is cause that shit foul! You hear me?"

"Yes ma'am.. I know I just try to bring light to my situation thinking like that. It keep me levelheaded." I stared before saying my grace and digging into my plate.

Once I finished eating I cleaned up the kitchen and walked to the gas station to get me some woods and snacks.

I peeped the store before going inside. Wasn't nobody here so I was cool just in and out.

"Damn where you in a rush to?" Somebody said from a all black Tahoe as I walked back towards Shayla grandmas. I had already stuffed my phone in my panties when I was walking out so nobody would try to rob me, I wasn't wearing nothing right or revealing and I had a hat on! So why somebody was bothering me? I don't know but I continued to walk.

"Bitch I know you hear me talking to yo ass!" They yelled jumping out the moving truck making me speed up. Until it clicked I knew the voice.

"Can you leave me the fuck alone damn" I barked.

"Yeah I'm show you how Ant should've did yo ass" he laughed while I eyed him and before I could even think to run somebody had grabbed me up from behind covering my mouth.

"Let me go" I tried screaming as I kicked and tried to bite whoever had me in a death grip.

"Put her in the back" the dread head laughed while the unknown person dragged me to the truck.