Agree To Disagree

Mew was having a pleasant evening with his boyfriend when he got a call from his mother asking him to rush home.

"I need to go, Tine."

"So soon?"

"My mom called-"

"And you couldn't refuse?"

"It must be something important."

"Oh come on, we met after so many days and you're already leaving."

"I'm sorry, love. I'll make it up to you."

"Fine." Tine said sulkily.

Mew reached his house and entered the living room where his parents were sitting talking animatedly about something.

"Mom?"

"Mew, come sit down. We've something important to discuss."

"What is it? Mom, I was with Tine."

His father said, "You are getting married. Forget about Tine."

"WHAT?"

"Don't shout, Mew."

"What the hell are you guys talking about?"

"Language Mew." His mother admonished.

"Like hell I care."

"You'll be marrying our business associate's son, Gulf Kanawut."

"Why?"

"It's for the merger of our business-"

"I don't care about your business. I'm not marrying him."

"You are and that's the end of discussion."

"You don't get to decide that. It's my freaking life."

"Oh really? What's the name of that scum you're dating? Time? Tide? Tine? Do you want him to be kicked out of his college?"

"Don't mess with him."

"I won't if you'll do as said."

"I can't marry a stranger."

"Why not? It's good for business."

"I do-"

"Your wedding is next month. Break it off with your boyfriend immediately."

Mew went to his room and locked the door. He started throwing stuffs, screaming in frustation. He absolutely hated his parents. They treated him like a kid whom they could control however they wanted. He had just started dating Tine 3 months ago and he liked him a lot. He wasn't ready to settle down with someone he didn't even know. He needed to find a way out of this.

If Gulf refused to marry him, then he could get out of this predicament. He searched about the Kanawuts and got the office number. He talked with Gulf's father asking him to arrange a meeting with their son so that they could get to know each other better. Next day, Gulf called him regarding their meeting at Rev Cafe in evening. Mew could still feel his heart racing because of Gulf's voice. It was so soft and sweet like a honeyed whisper. At first he had been too dumbstruck to respond making a fool of himself. They had fixed the meeting time and

Mew was sitting in the cafe waiting for Gulf to arrive

Mew was sitting in the cafe waiting for Gulf to arrive. He realized he didn't even know what the guy looked like. And that's when Gulf Kanawut walked into the cafe and quickly spotted Mew sitting at the back and made his way towards him timidly.

Mew was awestruck when a adorable man came and sat down in front of him

Mew was awestruck when a adorable man came and sat down in front of him. He looked too young to be marrying anyone so the first sentence out of his mouth was, "How old are you?"

Gulf was startled because Mew voice was really deep and the question wasn't something he had expected, "Huh? 25."

That surprised Mew even more, "You're 25 years old?"

"Y-Yeah."

Mew couldn't take his eyes off the boy or man, to be precise, sitting across the table. He had always considered men to be handsome, hot or sexy but never had he thought he would actually refer to another man as cute and adorable. Gulf was epitome of cuteness. He resisted the urge to reach over and squish his cheeks. He decided to focus on the matter at hand.

"I am sure you aren't happy with this marriage either."

Gulf wasn't sure how to answer that. He hated the idea but could he say so?

Mew continued, "So just reject the deal."

"W-What?"

"Tell your parents you don't want to marry me."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to get married."

"Then why don't you reject the marriage?" Gulf asked in soft tone.

"I can't due to some reasons so you should."

"I can't-"

"Look I'm sorry if that sounded like a suggestion to you. I'm not requesting you, I'm ordering you to do so." Mew said angrily. He was quickly loosing his patience.

"But-"

"Do you actually want to get married to me? We are strangers. Or is it because of money? But it's not like you are poor or something."

"I'm s-sorry-"

"I don't need your apologies. Just say no to your parents, that's all. Trust me you don't want to get married to me because I'll make it living hell for you."

Gulf was scared as hell. Mew looked menacing enough for Gulf to know he'll keep his words but Gulf couldn't agree to this either. He had absolutely no choice in the given situation. His parents would kill him if he tried to reject the wedding but right now he was more scared of Mew so he nodded his head in fear.

"Good. Sorry for being harsh. It's just that I already have a boyfriend and I love him a lot so I can't get married to anyone else. You're quite adorable I'm sure you'll meet someone who'll be perfect for you."

Gulf was surprised at the sudden change in his demeanor, "It's o-okay."

Now that his problem was solved, Mew was calm and regretted being hostile towards Gulf, "I'm really sorry for threatening you like that. If I could reject this marriage, I would have, trust me."

Gulf wanted to correct his mistake and tell Mew that he couldn't do what he wanted but he just kept his mouth shut. He didn't want to anger Mew again. The guy seems to have anger issues. They drank their coffee in silence and parted ways. Gulf was a nervous wreck the entire ride home. For a second he contemplated doing what Mew had said but quickly abandoned the idea. He'll just deal with Mew when the time will come. How worse could he be? Not more than his parents for sure.