Stalker

Now Mew wasn't an unreasonable person, but when it came to Gulf reason was last thing in his mind. It may seem weird that he was following his husband but if you asked him he would say he has good reason to do so. Gulf was sweet and kind person, a softie at heart and especially innocent so people often took advantage of that. Gulf had been assigned a new editor for his book and Mew didn't like the heart eyes that boy kept throwing at his husband. He had shared his observation with Gulf but the latter called him overprotective and didn't give the matter serious consideration it required. Now if the boy had crossed the line, Mew could justify beating him up but he hasn't yet.

It was Saturday evening and Gulf was meeting his editor, Perth. They were working on new novel and deadline was fast approaching so they were quite busy. Perth had called Gulf to the cafe to sort out certain corrections and changes in the plot. Mew had been sullen when Gulf said he was going to meet Perth but Gulf rolled his eyes telling his husband to finish his zoom meeting and take care of Sky. Gulf knew how much Mew worried about him but he was slowly learning to go out and meet people. It was gradually building his confidence and self-esteem.

Mew had immediately called Vegas to take care of Sky as he left to stalk his husband. Gulf may get angry but Mew needed to make sure his bub was fine. Right now he was sitting at the table in the back watching Gulf and Perth like hawk. They were animatedly discussing about the book as they sipped their coffee. Things were going pretty okay until Gulf stood up and tripped. Perth instinctively pulled him in his arms to save him from falling.

"Take your hands off my husband."

Gulf and Perth and the entire cafe turned to look at Mew who was striding towards them like he was going to punch someone.

"Mew? Why are you here?" Gulf asked.

Mew stood beside Gulf as he glared at Perth who looking at them wide eyed clearly not understanding why was he being shouted at.

"How dare you touch my husband?"

"He t-tripped." Perth said.

"So? That gives you an excuse to touch him?"

Gulf looked at his husband skeptically, "Should he have let me fall?"

Mew turned to face Gulf, "Bub, at least he wouldn't touch you."

"So you are saying it's better to fall on my face?"

"That's not what I meant." Mew mumbled.

"What are you doing here?" Gulf narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

"I was p-passing by."

"..... "

"And I got thirsty."

"..... "

"So I decided to stop by this cafe. I didn't know you were here too. It must be fate." Mew nervously chuckled.

"Aren't you supposed to be at home?"

"I was but I suddenly felt thirsty-"

"And water at home wasn't enough?"

"I craved coffee-"

"But couldn't make one at home?"

"I love this cafe."

"I can see. You drove all the way here for coffee. Why don't you enjoy your coffee then? I'll be leaving."

"Bun-"

Gulf turned to Perth, "Let's reschedule the meeting for later. I'll work on the correction and send you the edited version."

"Okay. Take care Gulf and Mew."

Gulf walked outside without waiting for Mew who was running after him, "Bub, are you mad?"

"Why would I be? Did you do something wrong?"

"Bun, don't be mad." Mew whined.

They got into the car and drove back home. Car ride was filled with Mew trying to make Gulf forgive him but he didn't react at all. As soon as they reached home, Gulf walked inside without waiting for Mew. Sky ran in arms of his father and squealed gleefully when Gulf hugged him tightly.

"Papa, Sky drew a picture."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, look at it. Did Sky do well?"

"Of course, you did baby."

Vegas was picking up drawing stuff scattered around the living room.

Gulf looked at him, "Why didn't you stop him?"

"What? What did he do?" Vegas asked confusedly.

"He stalked me." Gulf said pointedly.

Vegas looked at both of them and burst out laughing, "You ran out of here to stalk him?"

"Is it funny to you?" Gulf narrowed his eyes.

"Stop acting like you're angry, Gulf. You're blushing."

"I'M NOT."

"Okay okay. I'll be leaving now. You guys continue your lover's quarrel."

Mew put down Sky to nap and entered their room cautiously. Gulf was on the bed scrolling through his phone.

"Bub, are you still angry? I'm sorry. I was only worried about you."

"What did we talk about your overprotective attitude?"

Mew pouted, "No trying to bubble wrap you."

"Exactly. I'm capable of taking care of myself and if I won't be able to I'll ask you for help."

"But-"

"No but. I'm angry with you. Perth will think my husband is possessive dimwit."

Mew scowled, "Dimwit? Me? Bun, I'm probably smarter than he is."

Gulf scoffed.

"I'm definitely better than him."

"How?"

"I have you."

"So?"

"So obviously I must be better than every single person out there if God decided to give you to me. He wouldn't have given such an angel to just anyone, right?"

Unwillingly Gulf blushed at the compliment, "Stop trying to get out of it by making cheesy comments."

"Can I be more cheesy? Whenever I feel insignificant I think about the fact that the universe is so vast and endless and infinite to the point where we can't even grasp its very concept... and yet how intricate and beautifully accidental must it be for us to have met and get married and to be aware of the fact that we love each other, there is no end to space, and yet we have our little home, and we met little Sky, and we leave our footprints on the sand until the waves wash them away, and we help each other love life a little more everyday, existence is so miraculous & we are here & small & coincidental, and so I feel so full of love sometimes I don't know what to do with it."

"You should have become writer instead of me." Gulf said while hugging his husband.

"People will get bored of my books because all I'll ever be able to write about would be you."

"I would love to read them."

"I'm sorry, bub. I know I shouldn't invade your privacy like that. It was wrong of me but when I think about something happening to you, it literally drives me crazy. I can't let anyone hurt you. I know sometimes I get overbearing, it must get annoying but worlds a cruel ugly place and knowing that my bun is out there alone feels like someone is squeezing my heart in an iron grip."

"I know you care and worry a lot but I'm getting stronger. I joined a self defense class so I can probably beat people up if there's need to."

"I would love to see you do that." Mew chuckled.