Chapter 24- Queen And King

We enter the dining hall and I spot Tobi and the boys immediately. Though they still hang out with us they always sit with Tobi at the dining hall. Amelia and her friends walk in at that moment and they take their sits far from Tobi. Damn, she really is over him.

As we have lunch Patricia and Emmanuella brief me on the latest happenings on the Mr Banji and Miss Florence romance story. We were done eating and they still weren't done with the briefing.

"But think about it. He offered her his jacket when she got food stain on her top last week", Patricia argues with Emmanuella.

"And that's sweet and all but the fact is we can't jump into conclusion until we are sure", Emmanuella fires back.

"He gave her his jacket! It has already been concluded".

"Oya. E don do. Let's change the topic", I snap as we walk out of the dining hall. The way they were going at it one would think they were discussing politics.

"So inter-house sport", Emmanuella says.

"Ugh. Don't even remind me", Patricia makes a face, "Who in their right senses chooses inter-house sport over a camping trip. A camping trip!"

Apparently, the school had planned for students to go on a camping trip this term but a lot of paranoid parents voted against it so we will be having the inter-house sports event like every other year.

"Your school is just boring", Patricia says.

"Our school. And you are talking like as if you can survive outdoors. Ajebo like you".

"This conversation is just as boring as the other one", I tell them and they both stick their tongue out at me.

Emmanuella looks at something behind us, "Great. Richard is coming".

"With Emmanuel!", Patricia immediately stops.

"Ladies! How ya doing?", he throws his hands out dramatically.

"You are so loud", Patricia complains already in Emmanuel's arms.

"And you are a witch, but you don't hear me complaining".

Patricia simply sucks her teeth and rest her head on Emmanuel's chest.

"PDA. Disgusting", Richard makes a face, "But that's beside the point. I come bearing news! So my honourable self a.k.a the sports prefect and Mr Lawrence have successfully completed sorting students into the four houses for the inter-house sports", dramatic pause, "I did us all a favour and put Amelia in red house, far away from us".

"Then which houses did we get", Emmanuella asks.

"You are in the greenhouse with me, Patricia and Emmanuel are in the blue house because Emmanuel begged.......".

"Shut up", Emmanuel interrupts him and Richard scowls.

"So I'm in the yellow house?", I ask.

"Yes.....and...".

"This is going to be good", Emmanuel chuckles.

"Tobi is also in yellow house", Richard says slowly, watching me for a reaction.

Patricia immediately turns to me, "We should kill him. Something clean and simple, without evidence".

"I watched this movie where they used this chemical to burn the corpse of some guy. It didn't leave a single trace", Emmanuella strokes her chin thoughtfully.

"Hear me out first before you plan my death. My hands were tied. Mr Lawrence is the captain of the yellow house and he is hoping to get sponsorship from Tobi's parents".