Chapter 25- Queen

"Sir?" I say before I can stop myself. Mr. Lawrence turns to see the shock on my face.

"What?"

How do I put this? Where is a good excuse when you need one?

But before I can come up with a fitting reply Tobi is at Mr. Lawrence's side, "You called sir?"

"Ehehn Tobi meet your queen," Mr. Lawrence gestures at me.

He gives me a brief look, "Sir is there no one else?"

"What is that supposed to mean," he looks between Tobi and I, "I don't even want to know what is going on between the two of you. Just fix it." Tobi immediately walks of.

"Go and sit down somewhere," Mr. Lawrence says as he rubs his temple.

Well done fate I can see your hand work.

****************

"You are what?!" Patricia almost yells. We are in our room after training.

"Well it was to be expected that Tobi would be king. Mr. Lawrence needs his parent's sponsorship but how were you chosen as queen?" Emmanuella asks, throwing me a quizzical look.

"How am I supposed to know that one," I throw my hands up exasperated, "And I'm going to ignore that jibe. I am totally queen material."

"Whatever."

"Mariam will definitely tell Amelia," I say. It's quite unfortunate that while Richard was able to put Amelia in red house he couldn't do the same for her friend. Mariam was in yellow house with me, and faith was green with Richard and Emmanuella.

"Hasn't Amelia backed of Tobi? So she shouldn't care," Patricia throws in.

"I really don't know or care. I just want them all to leave me alone.'

******************

Being queen is amazing. I literally just have to sit still and look pretty! Tobi on the other hand is still partaking in the male 200-metre race and the relay race. So he is athletic and the king, show off.

Tobi and three other boys are currently on the field running laps and somehow it turned into a competition to see who could finish first. Testosterones.

I'm on the side lines with the other students watching them. I got bored of watching Mrs. Benjamin shout at the marching band and came here to watch Mr. Lawrence shout at the athletes instead. Unfortunately Mr. Lawrence is unavailable as he had to take a girl who twisted her ankle while running to the sick bay.

Unsurprisingly Tobi came first in his competition with the other testosterone driven gender.

"Senior Tobi you people should let others use the field too. I want to run," Latifat an SS1 student and the fastest runner in yellow house speaks up.

Tobi gestures at the field, "It's there na use it."

The girl walks off with two other girls and they start jogging on the field.

"Our queen! How far?" a boy walks up to me and throws his hand around my shoulder. His name is Pelumi, an SS3 student and the current thorn in my hide. From trying to make small talks that I have no interest in, to asking if Tobi and I were really over, and just yesterday he started this new habit of calling me 'queen'. This new unwarranted attention is surprising not only to me but Patricia and Emmanuella are also puzzled.

"New competition for Tobi," Patricia had mumbled when he had sat down with us for dinner yesterday. The look I gave her told her just how unamused I was with the whole thing.