Chapter 034: Daughter-in-law PK Mother-in-law

[1] PK as in the game player-killing (PK).

"So powerful!" Qin Mian walked quickly to Lei Tie and grasped his hand excitedly. "I'll study hard in the future. When you teach me, I'll put my heart and soul into it."

Lei Tie looked at the hand tightly grabbed on his, not batting an eyelid. It was small and still thin. "Depend on your performance."

Qin Mian said: "No problem! If I'm right, you really like me——really like my cooking, don't you? You can eat more now than you used to in that old house. I'll make you more delicious food later, alright?"

Lei Tie was surprised that the wife seemed to have misunderstood him. His words "depend on your performance" referred to the aptitude of the wife to practice martial arts. However, he didn't plan to rectify it, and a smile swept past the corner of his lips.

"En. The dew is dense on the mountain, go back."

Their shoes and trouser legs were wet with dew from the vegetation.

They went down the mountain hand in hand. Qin Mian habitually looked at the scenery in the forest, so he was unaware of it.

Back at home, Qin Mian immediately started to run around the house.

Lei Tie hesitated for a moment and didn't hurry out to the farmland. He took out his toolbox, sat at the door, and seized the time to complete the last procedure of the wooden cart. Every time the little wife gallantly passed in front of him, he looked up.

After Qin Mian ran for five laps, he was sweating and panting. He was fully aware that going beyond the limit was as bad as falling short. He went to make breakfast after washing his face.

The wooden cart was soon finished. Lei Tie was only going to make an ordinary flat cart to pull goods. At Qin Mian's suggestion, he added compartments. The compartments were made into detachable types. If the cart was loaded with firewood and other things, the compartments could be removed to increase its capacity; if it was for carrying people, the compartments could be installed to give shelter from the wind and rain.

It took a total of two days for Lei Tie to plant two mu of farmland by himself; half a mu of vegetables and half a mu of wheat. Paddy fields and dry farmland were basically used universally, so after a mu of the paddy field was meticulously sorted out, it was planted with wheat.

After the work on the farmland was finished, Lei Tie went to Zhang Dashuan to inquire about the purchase of building materials and later went to the town to make a purchase. He only had to wait for the other people in the village to be done with the busy farming season before the construction could start.

Soon, everyone in the village knew that Lei Tie was going to build a new house. The Green Mountain Village was neither big nor small that even a trivial matter could be spread in a hubbub. There would be admiration, jealousy, and also many sour[2] words.

[2] Sour = jealous.

People in the old house definitely had heard the news. Qin Mian was always on guard against them coming to find fault. Even when going to the vegetable garden to pick vegetables, he either let Lei Tie go or try to stagger the time.