Chapter 130: False Alarm

"A-Tie..." Qin Mian noticed Lei Tie's frown and understood it. He quickly came back to the man's side and blocked him from the stream of people.

Lei Tie caught sight of a woman tripping after being pushed in their way and immediately changed places with Qin Mian. The aura on his body turned gloomy and a piercing cold feeling came out of thin air.

The people around him shivered for no reason and unconsciously kept away from the source of danger.

"Are you all right?" Lei Tie disliked the throng of the crowd, and it would also be meaningless for Qin Mian to stroll around alone. He thought that it was better not to stroll around, but there was some hesitation on his face.

"I'm fine." Lei Tie saw through his wife's mind and changed the topic, "Wife, what did you call me for?"

"There are clay figurines over there." Qin Mian took his hand and looked at him with a grin, "Will this be better?"

Lei Tie tightly held his hand. "En. Don't want a clay figurine?"

"Follow me." Qin Mian excitedly pulled him to the stall where the clay figurine was kneaded. He watched with fascination as a ball of clay turned into a lifelike child in the hands of the old man. There was a look of incredulous on his face. He had only seen the art of kneading clay figurines on TV before.

As soon as the clay child was done, he spoke before others had a chance to, "Boss, knead one of me and one of him."

"No problem." The old man carefully looked at them up and down, making a detailed inspection. When his gaze fell on their clasped hands, he was a little surprised but remained calm as he laughed, "Gongzis, please wait a moment."

He tore a small lump of clay from a big lump in the bucket. His ten fingers were like playing piano, changing movements skillfully and quickly. The lifeless clay gradually deformed. In less than a half quarter of an hour, two clay figurines holding hands appeared in his hand, exactly like Qin Mian and Lei Tie. So much so that even the tenderness in Lei Tie's eyes was portrayed, as vivid as though it was given life.

With great care, Qin Mian took it and exclaimed, "Old man has great skill!"

"Haha, little gongzi overpraises me. Good that you like it." The old man was very kind.

Lei Tie was also surprised by the similarity between the clay figurines and them. He asked, "Is there a wooden box?"

"Oh, yes." The old man took out a wooden box about the same size from under the table. After Qin Mian put the clay figurines in, the old man covered it and handed the wooden box to him.

Feeling pleased, Qin Mian hugged the box. His brain involuntarily visualized Lei Tie's appearance when he was a child. He enjoyed himself with that.

Lei Tie took a silver ingot from his pouch, regardless of whether it was 1 or 2 or 5 taels, and put it on the table in front of the old man.

"Ah?" Shocked, the old man picked up the silver ingot worth 5 taels, "Gongzis, 20 Wen is enough. This is too much..."

Before he finished saying, the two men had gone far away and were soon blocked by the crowd. He could only see the man with his face slightly sideways as he stared down at the youth beside him, still expressionless, but his deep eyes filled with tenderness.

Qin Mian saw a barbecue stall at the front and rubbed his stomach, "A little hungry. A-Tie, let's go eat barbecue."

"Alright."