Chapter 146: On the Road to the Capital

Manman faced his Gege with an unusual dependency and gave him a sweet smile, "Gege, I want birds."

"When we stop, let Old Dad catch [them]." Yuanyuan looked back at Lei Tie with inquiring eyes.

Lei Tie nodded.

Qin Mian had seen the way his family's big poker-face and small poker-face communicated with each other countless times, but he still couldn't refrain from smiling. It was a pity that there was an outsider, otherwise, he would definitely pounce on them and kiss them.

When Lei Xiangzhi noticed the tender expression in Qin Mian's eyes as he looked at Lei Tie, Yuanyuan, and Manman, his eyes were filled with happiness and joy. All of a sudden, he felt embarrassed, thinking that he was hindering the family of four.

He found a topic of conversation, "Eldest Sister-in-law, I can see that Yuanyuan and Manman are very smart. I'll be perfectly satisfied if Chongchong can be half as good as them in the future." Chongchong was his and Li Shi's son, only two months old.

"Fifth Brother, you're the future palace graduate; how can your son be lacking?" joked Qin Mian.

Lei Xiangzhi laughed and cupped his hands in obeisance as he said, "Thank you for your blessing words."

Qin Mian took out a book from the drawer and handed it to him, "For you to pass the time. But the two little boys are very noisy, I'm afraid you can't enjoy reading it."

"No." Lei Xiangzhi received the book, "Children should be lively."

Near noon, the entourage arrived in Zhaoyang County. Huo Sirui, Bu Qingyun, Zhao Tianhe, and Qu Zongwen were all present. Bu Qingyun gave everyone an introduction. Among them, an escort surnamed Zhang had been to the Capital several times and could lead the way at the front of the procession, which was convenient to arrange the daily course of the journey reasonably, lest they missed the lodging place.

Qin Mian opened his mouth and said, "Well, find a wine house first and let A-Tie treat us all to a meal."

Bu Qingyun hurriedly said, "Eldest Sister-in-law, I heard from Xiangzhi that you and Eldest Brother especially advance your schedule for us. It should be us that treat you and Eldest Brother to a meal."

Qin Mian shook his head with a smile. "No hurry. When you all become palace graduates, treat us to a meal. By that time, our family of four will be very happy to be in your light."

Hearing what he said, Huo Sirui and the others had to give up. Hence, Lei Tie treated them to lunch.

The group of people had lunch in the county. While at it, they bought some dried food before setting out to the north. The group added up to four carriages and nearly 20 people; the procession was not small.

After Lei Xiangzhi went to Huo Sirui's carriage, Qin Mian's group of four people and a wolf were much more at ease. Qin Mian and Lei Tie gently rubbed Yuanyuan and Manman's stomachs to aid digestion. The two little boys were so comfortable in their fathers' arms that they hummed.

Qin Mian and Lei Tie played with the two children for a while before putting the bed together and let the children take a nap. Owing to the carriage's special "tires", it didn't jolt even though the road was not very smooth. The two little boys slept very well.

Qin Mian took off his shoes and climbed the bed, lazily leaning against Lei Tie's chest.

As soon as Lei Tie placed his hand on Qin Mian's abdomen, Qin Mian shrunk away, "What are you doing?"

"Rub, help digestion." Lei Tie said it with a poker-face, but his big palm went into Qin Mian's lapel and ambiguously drew a circle on Qin Mian's waist.