Chapter 119: College Examination Has Arrived

The villagers stood in the river digging silts, the river water was turbid and muddy. Lei Xiangyi was so surprised that threw away the shovel in his hand and ran to the riverbank, but his foot stepped on empty and he fell on the mud pile. His eyes were red as he muttered to himself, "My wife is pregnant again, my wife is pregnant again..."

He forgot to notify Li Zheng as he got up and rushed home, leaving a streak of wet muddy footprints on the ground.

The villagers looked at his back with a sigh. They knew more or less about Lei Daqiang's family. It was because Lei Xiangyi and his wife did not have a son that he practically had no position in the family. This dredging event had been going on for three days, but it was only Lei Xiangyi or Lei Xiangli that came. Lei Xiangren had never appeared. Lei Xiangyi must be looking forward to having a son this time.

After sunset, the temperature of the water lowered. Standing barefoot in the muddy water that submerged the calves, the bone-chilling air which invaded the body from the soles and the calves caused people to shiver uncontrollably.

Li Zheng raised his voice as he announced, "Alright, that's all for today."

As if given amnesty, the villagers rushed to the riverbank with their shovels and silt baskets or wooden buckets. They hurried to their homes as they urgently needed a basin of hot water to soak their cold feet.

When Lei Tie was on the ground, Uncle Fu and Lei-Qin Le immediately took away his shovel and bucket.

Back at Leisurely Farmhouse, Lei Tie simply washed his muddy legs by the pond before going to the house.

Qin Mian was reading at the door of the main room. Seeing the man's figure, he put down the book and went to the kitchen to carry the hot water into the bathroom and then poured it into the bathtub.

Lei Tie heard the movement in the bathroom. He stood at the door and watched Qin Mian bend over to test the temperature of the water, and went to embrace him from behind.

"Wife."

Qin Mian didn't look back but the corners of his lips were tilted up. He took some spiritual spring water from the space and poured it into the bathtub, "Take a bath first. I'll get your clothes."

Lei Tie wanted to hold him for a while more. But when he looked down and saw the smudge on his body, he let the person go.

Qin Mian closed the bathroom door, went to the bedroom on the second floor, opened the wardrobe, and took out Lei Tie's inner clothes, middle clothes, a silver-black long robe, a vest, and a pair of thick socks. The shoe rack was by the stairs; he grabbed a pair of clean cotton shoes.

Back on the first floor, he knocked on the bathroom door before pushing it open. He put the clothes, shoes, and socks on the chair and looked at the man in the bathtub. "You've been standing in the cold water for too long. Soak for a while."

Lei Tie nodded. Only his head, neck, and wet hair could be seen, which weakened his oppressive and cold aura, and unexpectedly looked a little cute.

Somehow, Qin Mian to make fun of him, so he stepped over and leaned on the edge of the tub with his arms crossed. He teased, "I want to watch a beautiful man take a bath."

The muscles on Lei Tie's face twitched for a moment. He was very serious as he said, "Mandarin duck bath is better."

Mandarin... Mandarin duck bath! Qin Mian's face was hot at once. He fled and closed the bathroom door with a bang.

He ran too fast and missed the slight but charming smile on his man's lips.