Chapter 089: Why Is There No Martial Arts Competition

Huo Sirui came over with two middle-aged men.

"Boss Qin."

The middle-aged man walking at the front was dressed up as a scholar. He looked half alike Huo Sirui with a big belly, a kind face, and a smile like Maitreya Buddha. The other middle-aged man was older, dressed in a grey scholar robe and a black turban. He looked thin and cultured, with wisdom in his eyes.

Huo Sirui said to the man who looked like Maitreya Buddha, "Father, this is one of the owners of Double Xiang House, Boss Qin. Boss Qin, this is my father. Respectful name is Yongcheng."

Dean Huo that Qin Mian imagined was completely different. He didn't cover up the astonishment in his eyes properly but quickly adjusted his expression and went forward to greet him, "This junior greets Dean Huo."

If Huo Yongcheng could become the dean of an academy, he must have a reputation. However, Huo Sirui didn't introduce him as such. It was probably the meaning of Huo Yongcheng not wanting to oppress others with his fame.

Dean Huo saw the surprise in Qin Mian's eyes, but he gave a modest smile and didn't take it to heart. "Boss Qin doesn't need to be polite. It is also beneficial for students to participate in such talent competitions. My contribution is only a matter of lifting a finger."

Huo Sirui also introduced the other man, "This is Teacher Liu of our academy. Respectful name is Jingxian."

"Greetings, Teacher Liu," Qin Mian said as he bowed with hands folded in front.

Teacher Liu said, "I come here without an invitation, Boss Qin doesn't need to mind me."

Qin Mian said quickly, "I dare not. My humble wine house is honored by Dean Huo and Teacher Liu's presence. Gentlemen, please come in!"

He accompanied Dean Huo and Teacher Liu to Binzhi Building.

In the lobby on the first floor, Dean Huo and Teacher Liu saw that the hall was almost full. Some students crowded in front of a wall, praising and commenting on something. The two approached curiously. When their eyes fell on the poems on the wall, they could not help but take a close look.

"Spring. Up to your crown, O'willow, dressed in the green of jades; myriads of twigs so verdant, droop like your silken braids. Who knows who the tailor is, who's cut your leaves so fine? It's the vernal winds past February, sharp as the scissors' blades. Good poem!"

After Teacher Liu finished reciting, some people excitedly praised him.

Dean Huo didn't expect to see such quatrains in the wine house. He nodded with approval and amazement in his eyes.

The two didn't communicate with each other. They looked at the other three poems.

"Summer. Summer day lengthens under the shady green trees, the pond reflects pavilions and terraces. Crystal-bead curtains flicker with the rise of a breeze, and full arches of climbing roses fill the garden with fragrance."

"Autumn. Over green hills a limpid brook flows, sky mirrored in the water of autumn hue. Away from the distant earthly world, maple leaves and velvet clouds leisurely float."

"Winter. Not a bird in a thousand hills, not a soul on ten thousand trails. An old man on a raft in straw quilts, fishes alone with snowy chills."

After reading, Huo Sirui eagerly asked, "Boss Qin, who are these four poems from? None of these four poems are continuous. Those who can make these poems must have great talents!"