Chapter 201- 202

Chapter 201- Tender One's Resignation

Years hurried away – time passed quickly like a white foal's shadow across a crevice.

In the mid-third of the 3rd month, the news that the Tuluo envoy had already set out reached the Capital – they would arrive in the mid-third of the 4th month.

It was probably to express the sincerity of Tuluo or that the Tuluo emperor was not reassured by others so that this time, it was surprisingly the Tuluo emperor, Emperor Renguang, who came out in person.

Emperor Renguang was similar in age to Emperor Xiaohui, but he was not as good as Emperor Xiaohui in terms of maintenance – he looked distinctly older than Emperor Xiaohui. However, he was tall and strong with a body as tough as nails. Only based on the outer appearance, he looked more like a general. The envoy's cavalcade was extremely grand. Emperor Renguang's imperial carriage was gilded with gold and silver with a quail egg-sized gem also hung on the four eaves of the roof every few inches. Under the warm spring sunshine, the resplendent dazzle could blind people's eyes. More than that, a rank of 2000 people, all of which were soldiers, rode on tall horses and looked very imposing.

Qin Mian, who had altered his appearance, was behind the crowd. He put his arms around Lei Tie's waist and whispered in his ear, "I think Emperor Renguang is a big–stupid–c*nt. Isn't he plainly saying to His Majesty, 'come and kill me, come and kill me'?"

The smile in Lei Tie's eyes thickened – he extremely loved his wife's high-spirited appearance. "En, he's stupid."

Inside the imperial carriage, Emperor Renguang put on a gentle smile as he sneakily looked at the people of Great Xia cheering on both sides of the street. He was secretly puzzled. It was said that the people of Great Xia would throw rotten vegetable leaves and smash fruit and eggs at the loathsome people. He had been prepared for it. Hence, he had people changed the muslin hanging around the carriage with solid boards. He didn't expect that it was unnecessary. Surprisingly, the people of Great Xia were so happy with their arrival.

He didn't know that in the past two days, news had spread among the people that His Majesty the Emperor would certainly peel off the skin of the Tuluo emperor in this negotiation. So of course, the people were happy!

Emperor Renguang, who had been sitting on the throne for 30 years, was certainly not a fool. He sent people to inquire about the situation in the Capital two days in advance, lest they were unable to deal with unexpected incidents. But he did not know that this was the Capital – the territory of Emperor Xiaohui. Except for the secrets of Qin Mian's family, almost any disturbance or trouble was under the control of Emperor Xiaohui. What Emperor Renguang's people could or couldn't hear was controlled by him. One had to say that as an emperor, Emperor Xiaohui's ability was indeed not bad.

Qin Mian looked at another luxury carriage behind the imperial carriage and said to Lei Tie, "Look at the appearance and decoration of that carriage. It should be a female visitor inside."

When a young man at the side heard what he said, he spontaneously interjected, "There are even eight palace maids beside the carriage. Is it the Western Barbarian's princess? Western Barbarian brings her to unite by marriage?"

This statement immediately aroused many people's agreement.

"I guess it is!"

When the Tuluo cavalcade was over, the civilians gradually dispersed, but they still talked about the fact that the Tuluo emperor actually came out in person. The whole Capital, from the high officials of the imperial court to the staff of teahouses, all talked about it.