Chapter 105: Whole Vermicelli Feast

However, it rained for two consecutive days.

After the sky cleared, Qin Mian and Lei Tie came to the vegetable garden with baskets and straw hats. In the chili field, the first batch of chili planted accounted for about half of the land, divided into three plots. Green chili trees could reach knee-height. Each of the chilies was thin and long, hanging on the branches with its bright red color exuded warm vitality.

The two were carrying baskets in one hand and plucking chili with the other hand.

At this time, the class was still ongoing in the farm residence. The voice of Lei-Qin Shun and the others reading aloud clearly transmitted. Everyone cherished this hard-to-come-by opportunity.

Once the class ended, Lei-Qin Zhong led Lei-Qin Shun and the others to run over, carrying baskets. They saluted Lei Tie and Qin Mian and picked the chilies together.

Qin Mian and Lei Tie went back with two baskets of chilies and picked another two baskets in the space. Qin Mian instructed Lei Tie to remove a basket of chili's stalks, wash them, and chop them into pieces. After that, he added a proper amount of minced garlic and salt, and put them into a clean and dried earthen pot before sealing it. This was a simple chili sauce that could be stored for a long time.

Qin Mian also made some pickled chilies. The method of pickled chilies was simple. Washed the chilies and dried them. In a cleaned pickle jar, poured in the appropriate amount of salt, sprinkled a little Sichuan pepper powder, and then poured in the cold boiled-water. Next, put the chilies in. Lastly, added a little white wine and sealed the jar. It could be eaten in about six to seven days.

"Wife, since Aunt Fu stays in the workshop, let's buy another person." Lei Tie took a look at the remaining chilies.

Qin Mian only thought for a few seconds before he agreed, "Buy. Perfect timing, since we're going to town in a few days." After Aunt Fu went to the workshop, the work originally belonged to her in the farm residence was dropped. For example, he and Lei Tie had to work in the vegetable garden themselves. Since they had the capability, why not made themselves more comfortable?

After more than 200 jin of vermicelli were produced in the Vermicelli Workshop, Qin Mian and Lei Tie came to Double Xiang House with 100 jin of vermicelli.

When Manager Sun Maosheng saw the two owners came with something, he guessed whether it was a new dish.

"Manager Sun, how's the business recently?"

The smile on Sun Maosheng's face was a little reluctant, "Reporting to Little Young Master; the business is not bad. It's just that, since it's getting hotter now, it's a little bit worse than before."

Qin Mian understood that a lack of customers was Double Xiang House's flaw. This problem had been considered before he built the wine house, and he had the countermeasure for dealing with the situation long ago. Therefore, he looked not at all conflicted, but tranquil and calm.

Manager Sun was certain of his guess, upon seeing this.

Lei Tie said something to Qin Mian before he went to make rounds of inspection.

"Since it's hot, we'll launch more cold dishes; pot-stewed dish, or make a cold dish feast, or a pot-stewed dish feast, and whatnot." Qin Mian said as he walked inside. As he passed by the lobby, he glanced. He arrived late in the afternoon. At this time, one-third of the seats in the lobby was still empty.

"I'm clear about the cold dish. What is the pot-stewed dish?" Manager Sun's eyes brightened. Anything that was specially mentioned by Little Young Master must be extraordinary.