Chapter 045: Qin Mian's Counterattack

Du Shi stood by Lei Daqiang's side with schadenfreude in her eyes and shot a glance at the eavesdropping Fang Hongliu and Zhou Cuihua. She pulled down Lei Daqiang's sleeve and hypocritically advised him: "Old man if there is something, talk it over."

"He can't even manage his own wife, how can I talk it over with him?" Lei Daqiang jumped to his feet and pointed to Lei Tie's nose. "What's the use of you, this son?! Your wife dared to say disrespectful words to me, and that was unfilial! You tell me, how to justify him?"

Fang Hongliu and Zhou Cuihua looked at each other, staying there without any intention of leaving as their hands assumed a feigned manner of rubbing their laundry.

Qin Mian's expression changed. He went to Lei Tie's side and stood still. He hesitated for a moment before quietly holding the man's hand.

Lei Tie hadn't carried any expectations for Lei Daqiang for a long time, he said indifferently: "My wife and I already know that you don't welcome us. Since the last time we built the house, my wife has not been to your house. I also want to ask how my wife provoked you."

"You!" Lei Daqiang was so angry that he became very red and contemptible: "Bastard rebels against me! Last time, he called you an asshole on the mountain, so I scolded him and he actually said it was none of my business. Was that what someone's wife should say?"

"Ha! Funny." Qin Mian didn't want to put up with the old man anymore; he blocked Lei Tie with his arm and refused to let him speak. He raised his voice as he said: "It happens that Sister Zhou and Sister Fang are also here, they can bear witnesses. Now that you mentioned it, I'll talk about it. Your son had gone hunting for three days and he had not been seen. I asked you to find some people to go with me to find him. However, as a father, you acted as though you didn't hear me as you only cared about your face as an elder and didn't care about the safety of your son. That is case number one. No matter what, you could say it in private, but you humiliated your own child in front of two outsiders. That is case number two. You are 'heartless'! If a father is heartless, why should you ask the son to be filial? Even if these cases are brought to the feudal authority, there is no excuse for you!"

Report to the feudal authority? Du Shi was scared, her pupils contracted and her neck shrank after.

"You, you... rebel, rebel..." Lei Daqiang's fingers trembled with a face red as if it was about to burn.

Qin Mian held his head up and chest out as he stealthily took aim at Lei Tie.

Lei Tie seized Qin Mian's shoulder and dully said: "We still have something to do. Please excuse us."

The two people no longer paying attention to Lei Daqiang and Du Shi, continued to pick up pebbles as if nothing had happened.

"You, you guys wait for me, I'll find someone to judge who is right! Humph!" Lei Daqiang was furious. He left a sentence that appeared severe, but weak inside as he walked away flipping his sleeve.

Du Shi quickly followed up. When she thought of Qin Mian's words just now, she felt uneasy.