Chapter 115: Secrets of Lei Tie's Past

After breakfast, Lei Tie arranged the festival gifts at the house gate. Today was the eighth of the ninth month in the Gregorian calendar of the Yunzhou Continent and the fifteenth of the eighth month in the calendar of the Great Xia Dynasty. It was the Mid-Autumn Festival.

The Mid-Autumn Festival was one of the important festivals of the Great Xia Dynasty. Therefore, Qin Mian's family did not only give gifts to the servants, but also the employees in the processing yard. Each of the servants was given a bonus of 50 Wen and 5 jin of meat. Autumn was the harvest season, and this time was the busiest. It was necessary to improve the treatment of the servants. Meanwhile, each of the employees was given a jin of meat and a bonus, varied according to the level of performance; 8 to 10 Wen for lower and 30 Wen for higher.

Lei Tie held a book in his hand and read out the names and rewards that one deserved. Uncle Fu counted the money and put it into small purses; Lei-Qin Le and Lei-Qin Zhong were responsible for chopping and weighing meat; Lei-Qin Yuan and Lei-Qin Xin tied the small purse and meat together with a straw for easy distribution.

Uncle Quan helped Uncle Fu on the side. Uncle Quan and Aunt Quan were sincere people. Qin Mian allowed Miao Miao to learn to read with others in his Leisurely Farmhouse's school, making the two felt grateful and were very loyal toward Qin Mian and Lei Tie.

There were many people in the yard, but it was very quiet. Only the voice of Lei Tie, the clinking sound of copper coins, and the sound of cutting meat could be heard. No one dared to mess around in front of Lei Tie – everything was in order.

It was a good opportunity to show one's face properly in front of the servants to enhance their loyalty to their employers. It was also a kind of reminder that the servants should not behave without discipline by relying on the master's friendliness. Therefore, Qin Mian had Lei Tie to arrange for the festival gifts himself.

In the evening, Qin Mian and Lei Tie had an important event. At this time, Qin Mian was preparing dried food in the kitchen. He made 30 pieces of each kind of baked sesame pancake with meat stuffing, scallion pancake, cream custard bun, barbeque pork, and even cooked a pot of light soup to be put in the space.

White Spot's two forepaws rested on the stovetop with great interest. It couldn't eat any of these foods, and neither one knew what it was looking at.

Presently, when White Spot was on four, its height could reach Qin Mian's waist; its body was almost twice that of an ordinary adult wolf. The old people in the village secretly said that this wolf was not an ordinary wolf but a wolf king. For a time, the villagers did not dare to get close to Leisurely Farmhouse, and those who went to work in the processing yard did not dare to make a sound when they walked. Later, they found that White Spot paid no heed to them, so they returned to normal behavior.

After Qin Mian finished his work, he washed and dried his hands. He carried a cup of hot tea into the living room, "A-Tie, are you finished?"

He brought the cup to Lei Tie's mouth.

Lei Tie bowed his head and took a sip. "Soon."

Qin Mian sat at the side, waiting for the man to finish his work. He said to Uncle Fu, "Uncle Fu, Eldest Young Master and I are going on a long journey. We will come back in three or five days. The household affairs are left to you to manage. It's time to harvest the paddy, soybeans, sweet potatoes, and peanuts. Uncle Fu, you should make an arrangement as soon as possible. If the weather changes, it will be bad."

"Yes, Little Young Master can rest assured."

After the servants left, Qin Mian and Lei Tie cleaned up and prepared to go out.