Chapter 084: Entry-level Examinee

The two coachmen and four home guards were flattered, and they quickly expressed their thanks. A bit of sauce was a small thing but the rarest thing was that someone could think of them.

After that, Lei Xiangzhi finally scooped himself a spoon.

Consequently, the smell of beef sauce wafted all over the place.

Bu Qingyun's beef sauce was sandwiched in the steamed bread. He opened his mouth and took a big bite. He praised, "Delicious! There's a lot of beef in it. It's finely cut, aromatic, and soft."

Ling Qiyun, who was absorbed in eating, repeatedly nodded.

"Brother Lei, give me another spoonful?" Qu Zongwen looked at Lei Xiangzhi with a happy smile. He had a round pancake in his hands without a trace of being bitten. This was obviously his second pancake.

Lei Xiangzhi waved his hand, "There's only such a small pot. Don't you want to eat it for the next meal?"

Qu Zongwen regretfully licked his lips, wondering if he could ask Sister-in-law Lei for another pot. However, at the thought of Eldest Brother Lei's face, he quivered and gave up this unreliable idea.

This was their first time traveling a long distance so Qin Mian would not treat himself and Lei Tie badly. Moreover, he had a magical space. His lunch with Lei Tie was chopped scallion multi-layer pancakes and beef sauce, as well as thick vermicelli soup in a bamboo tube, which turned hot in Lei Tie's grasp. This vermicelli was taken from space. Thanks to his love of gourmet food and eschatology, he had bought some books on homemade food, including how to make vermicelli, rice wrappers, and so on. When he had time, he would definitely make the vermicelli.

Everyone could smell the other scents in Qin Mian's carriage besides the scent of beef sauce, but they did not have the cheek to approach.

Teacher Gong said, "It's afternoon. We should speed up our journey; otherwise, we'll miss the lodging. If you all can't adapt to it, give consideration to each other."

"Yes, teacher!" All the scholars said in unison.

When everyone had finished their lunch, the carriages continued on their way.

Qin Mian had a good sleep in the morning. He accompanied Lei Tie to sit on the shaft and talked to him while basking in the sun.

In the evening, they stayed in a small inn in a small town, and nothing bad happened. Teacher Gong and the four home guards were secretly relieved.

The next day, Qin Mian found it boring to ride in the carriage. He mounted the horse and sauntered around nearby.

Lei Tie watched his wife on horseback riding forward for a while and retreating to his side after a while. He regretted not bringing Xile along. If Xile was here, he could let Xile drive the carriage while he rode the horse with his wife.

Qin Mian rode forward merrily in the spring breeze. Suddenly, as if he felt something, he looked back and bumped into the gaze of the man following him. He turned his horse's head and rode back.

"Butt hurts after sitting in the carriage for a long time." He whispered.

Lei Tie was silent for a while before unhappily saying, "Riding a horse for a long time will also hurt the butt and legs."

"Hehehe..." Qin Mian's eyebrows danced with laughter. It turned out that this man could not be separated from him. He could even say such a straightforward sentence.

He handed the reins to the man and jumped into the carriage.

Lei Tie stretched out his long arms to catch him steadily, placed him beside him, and tied the reins to the shaft.